• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AFX FX-11 Lightforce helmet

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
This might become really popular with commuters, especially in the summer. Not so much the light feature, but the cooling fans feature.

http://www.afxhelmets.com/08/helmets/fx-11.php

Lightforce System: A fully integrated and rechargeable battery powers two high-capacity fans for increased helmet ventilation and an ultra-bright LED light ideal for nighttime utility or increased rider visibility

I've put that on my wish list. Sweet - thanks for posting.

thanks for posting the link to the review.

The extra weight I'd expect from the added features and the battery. The noise of the fans shouldn't be a factor with earplugs. I wouldn't need the light but the fans providing some movement of air when stopped at traffic lights or stop-n-go traffic in July and August seems like a really nice thing to have. I would expect the fans don't provide much if any benefit when you're moving (unless you have a gigantic windshield you hide behind as mentioned in the review).

With all the talk about battery fires recently in the electric MX thread, I wonder if that's the reason they don't recommend running both fans at once?

Back