• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Riveteer Pulls Up Stakes!

Reaction score
The vintage Airstream and I are heading for greener (read, rockier) pastures (read, hills).

Ok, no green pastures, just rocky hills. Ok, one rocky hill. But it is my rocky hill! Yessiree folks, the renter has become landed!

My own little 1.5 acre bit of the Tx Hill Country! Whoop!:sun: It is densely wooded, raw land, no structures on it. But there is a power line nearby and a local water company serves the area. Still in the Kerrville area.

Already, I am astounded and floored by the offers of help I have received.

There is going to be a work day on a weekend coming soon, possibly Memorial weekend. Anyone with a hankering to get all hot and sweaty, scratched and bruised, are encouraged to bring a chainsaw and come on out! Stay tuned for additional details.

Just wanted to whoop it up a little bit with my TWT family. I am trying to make everything happen so that I am living there by the end of May. Yes, this month!

Home for the last 3 or so years
bca24b49e88434bc62f9884483e76414.jpg

Scot Strance photo credit

SpiritAtBay's Hideaway
b5b32d4a1927ac2377bb4fdc2bceb30a.jpg

1c201ebfbcc039358f88c7e40289252a.jpg

44460e3b9071bc380a0e29a2b0bc7525.jpg

Surveyor doing his thing, at the highest point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• bca24b49e88434bc62f9884483e76414.jpg
    bca24b49e88434bc62f9884483e76414.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 198
Congrats . We have to get that trailer to the top!

Oh wow, that's going to be nice and quiet. Can't wait to see the riveteer in the new location. I guess Scott will have to come take new pictures. Can't wait to see the new fire pit. I still love those pictures.

I see John is already mapping trails in there :rider:

Thanks all!

Windmill, no live water. The dry creek bed carries rain water runoff.

Vinny, you know JT well, I'm sure he'll soon be suggesting that very thing! (Though it would be great to get a trail running all around the perimeter.)

Jasen, it is quiet out there. there are only 2 houses on the road. The Riveteer will be stationed about halfway up. Should give a nice view of the creek and surrounding area.

Going out there here in a bit to do some walking and planning...in the rain.

There will be very good water with well, Rainwater collection is high tech these days and does it ever grow plants good and taste good.
I like owning land I never needed a gym membership :mrgreen:

GINA! I'm so happy for you. You are an owner of one of the most desired places in texas. WELL DONE! :thumb:

Ps rocks are neat.

w00t w00t!!!! I've been waiting for the big announcement!

Congratulations, Gina! I know you are over the moon and I'm so happy for you :sun:

I know the word is to cut down the Texas cedar and save the water and what else they come up with but keep it wooded as possible. It sucks when they come in and cut it all down . Stay hidden from the world in your own piece of paradise. Now i saw a report on texas paeks and wildlife tv show where they were talking about the virtues of the texas ceder for the golden cheeked warbler https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild/species/gcw/. Seems like a policy reverse for the Texas cedar. I had always heard ,Less cedar, good for cattle range and water conservation, but of course not so much for birds. Hard decisions when everyone needs a place to live and make a living. :shrug:

Ps, no I'm not an wildlife or cattle industry activist, I like birds and steak

Last edited:
My wife and I moved to 8 acres of previously undeveloped hill country in SE Oklahoma. As I've told my kids - living in that environment will get and keep you healthy or it will kill you. We enjoy it and the dogs love it.

Thanks again.

Brian, I intend on keeping it as wooded as possible, but it is very dense-no way to drive on it now. A lot of trees and brush will have to be removed.

Speaking of which, you (the collective 'you') are invited to come out and lend a hand (or just visit and supervise)--Y'all didn't have plans for Memorial weekend anyway, did ja?

Will have food and drinks.

Post up if you are willing to put some sweat equity into possible future site of TWT campouts!

Thanks everyone for well wishes.

Can't wait for you to come visit!
You know I will! Last weekend at Scarbie coming up or I'd be there sweating and swearing and maybe even helping a little! Maybe...[emoji38]

Gina, I know how much owning this piece of land means to you. It's wonderful owning your own piece of the earth, living on it, and being able to change it to fit your needs.

My Memorial weekend was spoken for a long time ago. Perhaps you will need more help in the future. Weekdays are doable for retired folk.

Back