• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Holiday Toy Runs

Yeeha! Stephen

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Last year our grand daughter had to spend Christmas Eve and most of Christmas day in the hospital ER. A Cook Children's Medical Center Santa and some of his elves came by and showered our baby with gifts. I wanted to pay back (pay it forward?) that kindness and do my own personal toy run. 15 of my friends from the Dallas/Ft Worth BMW Riders club tagged along with me and made some huge donations to Cooks. Someone had to follow in a car to hold much of those gifts! Great group of guys & gals!

Happy Holiday's all you Toy Run riders!
:clap:

Attachments

• IMG_1355 (640x259).jpg
    IMG_1355 (640x259).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 221
Very cool. In 2010, my grandson was born 11 weeks premature, meaning he was a tiny little weenie who spent a long time in the neo natal unit at Arlington's MCA Hospital. Needless to say, my daughter & son-in-law were there every day and got to watch the nurses in action, as well as seeing other families in the same predicament.

So they started a tradition of buying a bunch of gift cards for nearby fast food places. On Christmas Eve, they would go to MCA and pass out gift cards and Christmas cards to whatever parents could be found hanging around the neo natal unit visiting their preemies. They've moved to the Denver area now, and my grandkids are 7 and 5 now. But they still find multiple service opportunities per year that they can involve the kids in.

A little more time spent paying it forward by more people would make us a kinder, gentler nation. Good for you & your Beemer friends.

Sure is hard at this time to choose between charities. Toys or basic food? Disabled American Vets or South Texas Childrens home? Salvation Army or Shreiners (burned children). Cancer or Alzheimers victims funds?

I think you guys are right on. It makes it a little easier to choose if your life or one of those you love has been positively affected by a charity.

Sure is hard at this time to choose between charities. Toys or basic food? Disabled American Vets or South Texas Childrens home? Salvation Army or Shreiners (burned children). Cancer or Alzheimers victims funds?

I think you guys are right on. It makes it a little easier to choose if your life or one of those you love has been positively affected by a charity.

I just taught a Bible class lesson this morning about the blessing of graciously receiving gifts. Charity is a broad spectrum. Whether you can give money, toys, food, or simply your time, somebody somewhere needs it and will very gratefully receive your gift.

Back