• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

oct pie run problem

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
hey guys!! I have a problem, sometimes I pre-run pie runs when going to someplace new, and I did just that this weekend and am suffering from severe sticker shock!

I ordered the Texas country classic burger
Our signature! 8 oz of fresh ground beef blended with onion, spices n grilled to perfection. We serve it up on a toasted bun with your choice of veggie trimmins to finish it up. (Comes with cheese.)

it had no onion or spices of any kind blended in, just a plain ordinary burger on a NON toasted bun.

it didn't come with any sides so I ordered onion rings and got a very small serving of onion rings
I also ordered sweet tea (that was good) and had a slice of reeces pie (mrs fields store bought pie) good for store bought I like mrs fields pie.

the bill was $16.63!!!:eek2:

do you guys realy want to go here or would you be up for a change of venue?
I am not aware of anyplace else around Whitney that can handle very many people. probably someplace in Hillsborro.

Seems like I usually spent $12-$15 wherever we go. I'd let it ride this year.

I did a test of that place back in the early summer when I was on a FM Road sign hunting ride for that game. Can't remember exactly what I got or the price I paid but I also don't remember thinking the price was high. Seems it was about like I usually end up spending. Maybe they have increased their prices since then. I do remember I though the quality was good.

A bunch of us attended a M&E ride to Sissy Saddle Shop Cafe. Choice of pot roast or chicken & dumplings, 2 sides Unsweetened tea and pie for $17.something plus tip. I don't attend based on price but for the ride and company. Good food is a bonus, good cheap food is an added bonus.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for us. I appreciate it. If folks think too expensive they won't be on the list for next year :trust:

I guess the price of a good burger is getting ever higher!!!! :eat:

was thinking about having next August run to Gaylord Texan resort.:mrgreen:

Most of my meals seem to end up in the $35 range. This is sounding better and better!

We can't park down the street and just mass crash the indoor water park part?

Not that I am coming anyway BUT the prices yall are saying seem really high to me :eek2: maybe things are a little cheaper here . And i always make my wife pay the bill when we eat together so I don`t know how much it costs. :doh: :giveup: :lol2:

Did a search on restaurants in Lake Whitney and found this place:
http://www.texasgreatcountrycafe.com/index.html

Only problem is, from the picture under location, don't think it's big enough to seat many folks. That burger they show on the web page REALLY looks good.

I believe that is the place we are going to. Just like Dr Who's TARDIS, it's bigger on the inside ;-).

Did a search on restaurants in Lake Whitney and found this place:
http://www.texasgreatcountrycafe.com/index.html

Only problem is, from the picture under location, don't think it's big enough to seat many folks. That burger they show on the web page REALLY looks good.

the part of the building under the green canopy is part of it also, all seating.

its no Sam's (Fairfield) but it should do for how many we have signed up so far.

I believe that is the one they are planning on using?

I believe that is the place we are going to. Just like Dr Who's TARDIS, it's bigger on the inside ;-).

the part of the building under the green canopy is part of it also, all seating.

its no Sam's (Fairfield) but it should do for how many we have signed up so far.

Sorry, sleep posting again.
doh.gif

Correction, it extends even further to the left. ( there now testing CFS)

Someone here on a silver GS who's not afraid to get it dirty, don't know if they are member or not.

Haveing a motorcycle addiction is never cheap. A few more bucks for burgers with this motley crew is worth it.

Back