• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1987 ZUK Samuria

Reaction score
First Name
Clay
1987 Suzuki Samurai SOLD SOLD SOLD She is headed to San Saba to hunt deers

Attachments

• 1987 Zuzuki.jpg
    1987 Zuzuki.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 564
  • 1987 Suzuki 2.jpg
    1987 Suzuki 2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 753
Last edited:
A couple of people out here had one of those that got traded or sold around the desert. Its nickname became the Suzuki Somersault for the many times it rolled over. They are tough little vehicles. It never failed to drive away once it was back on its wheels.

GLWS - like you said these things are bullet-proof when it comes to reliability. I drove one from Terlingua to Dallas back in the '90s. My memories on I-20 are of someone trying to driving a "box kite" at 70 MPH.

If I had a TW200 I would sure consider trading.

Later, Bud...

More Pictures. Motor purrs like a Kitten 60320 original miles. Stock engine except for header and Holly and air cleaner which is standard build for this rig. Low Range you can really creep, also walk faster. Needs just( manual front lock but runs well as is, seldom need 4-wheel drive but it works great, horn works intermittent. Stock 10 gallon tank gets 25 mpg with low gears and big tires, Brand new battery

Attachments

• Motor ZUK.jpg
    Motor ZUK.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 282
  • #1 ZUK.jpg
    #1 ZUK.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 277
  • #3 ZUK.jpg
    #3 ZUK.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Go tame Hidden Falls or the BB Ranch, Or to the store and back or ranch hunting rig. Only one little rust stain, I bought it from the builder and know build. Done right.
I want to try to sell before trade considered I have a 2015 TW200 spotted I can buy, but wife won't let me till I sell something with two wheels or more. She would faint if she knew what I paid for the ZUK four years ago. Still much cheaper than an ATV and can drive legally on street

Attachments

• #4 ZUK.jpg
    #4 ZUK.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 238
  • #5 ZUK.jpg
    #5 ZUK.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
I've seen this rig in person and it is pretty darn nice. Be a cool ranch or hunting vehicle.

Last one I promise. Can take off windshield if wanted doors pop right off and on, modified. I will not sell to anyone for under 21 use or over 80 :). It is stable in experienced hands because it is not lifted radically and wide rims give wider wheelbase. Plus great updated springs and suspension.

Attachments

• Inside ZUK.jpg
    Inside ZUK.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Decided to start the few repairs it needs and get plates and inspection. I will repost when complete, or maybe just drive it again. Please cancel This post, decided not to sell at this time. Thank you

I just think it will be best to get it back plated. It won't be to hard on my old hide. I already paid the insurance this year , why not :).

Suzuki back FOR SALE Inspected and plated runs like a top. I drive it to town all the time. Hunting season special 3500 obo / no trades garage is too crowed now. These things run forever now has 60K mikes. Doors just pop on to hinge (real fast)

Last edited:
Love these little things. Are you ok with me sharing it? I know some friends who might be interested.

Sure share it. I think I'm going to order two Warn front locking hubs and change them next week. There is nothing to it but it will make potential buyers feel better. Why not I just spent nearly 800 on tires this year :)

Last edited:
Last price drop 3100 firm Just drove today 50 miles ran good but now have to tap starter solenoid to start sometimes :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Ordered hub will be in Wednesday all I need is the rotating lever part. Will post up when on and 4 WD is tested out. It will work like it did before spring broke. :mrgreen:

Replaced outer rotating part of hub with OEM. 4 WD works good hub locks work good. I promised someone he has till Wed. 11/7/18 to buy, he is deer hunting. If he passes it is all working. Every once in a while the solenoid needs a slight tap to start. Probably pull starter and clean or buy new starter. Most parts are available at any auto parts dealer. They made a bunch of these and the Samurai is back for 2019 Japan, motorcycle engine I think I read.

Attachments

• hub 2.jpg
    hub 2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 169
  • hub.jpg
    hub.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 2019 Suzuki Jimny.jpg
    2019 Suzuki Jimny.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Back