• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Offroad Fun @ Hidden Falls Adventure Park - April 17th, 18th & 19th

Anybody planning on riding today? Trying to decide if its worth getting out there today or not...

It is dry and nice at the moment.

My group is at the North Peak and Wildcat cabins. Plenty of room around the cabins for anyone camping.

Will you guys ride come rain or shine tomorrow? If yes I am considering coming out there

We are staying the nigh here. So yes! :)

Got a good 4 hours of riding in before rain started but looks to be letting up already.

How much rain did you take so far? Is it still coming down now?
I am loaded up and ready to travel first thing in the morning.
David did you get your clutch working again, are you still in for tomorrow?
See you all over there. (unless you post back that a monsoon hit tonight)
Sure hope we get some :sun:, and it isn't too muddy to :rider:

On radar it looks like the main storm line is now past Hidden Falls, and it looks to be clear to the West. So, how much rain did the trails take while the storm passed over?

Ok so Hidden Falls is awesome. The rain didn't come till late afternoon today, and even then there was a double rainbow to glimpse during sunset. Looking forward to more riding tomorrow!

David did you get your clutch working again, are you still in for tomorrow?

No I did not, bummer. Can't believe it but not a single rebuild kit in the Houston area. Called every dealer and closest stock was in Arlington. This common Magura kit fits about 100 different KTM models between 1998 and 2008 so very unexpected. HF is too rough to ride without a clutch so not going now.

Also JMZ got called back into work tonight, he's still working now and will be on call tomorrow also due to the severe weather so can't go either. We were riding up together.

I hope the weather holds out for you guys tomorrow.

Brad let me know the cabin share cost for the both of us and I'll get the money to you.

_

On radar it looks like the main storm line is now past Hidden Falls, and it looks to be clear to the West. So, how much rain did the trails take while the storm passed over?

It was completely dry before the storm. It will all soak right in.

I am leaving Dallas now
I can use it for tomorrow night
What time do you guys plan to start playing in the morning

Got home, loaded up the bike and looked at the weather... didnt make sense to come in tonight with the rain rolling in. sorry for the late notice.. we did have torrential downpours in the cedar park/leander area..

will re-evaluate in the morning for riding tomorrow, I am only about 45mins away.

hail, i will contact you in pm to make payment arrangements if i dont make it tomorrow.

Thanks for the updates Brad. Glad you all didn't get washed away like we did here in Houston. We haven't seen rain like that in a while! I will make my way out to HF this morning. Should be there at or before 9AM. Please put me down for a bunk space tonight.

What time do you guys plan to start playing in the morning

As early as 8:00am. We have all different skill levels here so people will likely be hitting the trails with different groups at all times during the day. We had 9 people stay the night last night.

Last edited:
Really bummed it did not work out for me this time :(:(:(. Got a little sleep last night and back out this morning. It's all good though. I will defiantly make the next ride. No matter where it's at. Ctor, HF , forest. I don't care , I have to get some off-road riding in . [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Signatures ???? We don't need no stinking signatures !!!!!

Went up to the tower this morning. Pretty muddy up there. Fun but muddy. Will be hitting west side soon.

Looks like we will be in Marble Falls around 7:00- you guys going into town to eat?

H A V I N G A B L A S T ! !

Owe huge thanks to JT. Huge. Letting me ride his KDX and babysitting me all day. Awesome. Just awesome.

:rider: :rider:

A big red cell of storms was headed your way. It broke apart and going north of HF instead. Luck is on your side.
Wish I was there.

Back