• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

Dec 2 Ride short summary

Big Bird and I met up at Dunkin in Atascocita, but my new rider from work didn't make it... didn't hear from him. Hoping all is well, but I didn't get his contact info, so I couldn't check on him... bummer! Hope he can make the next ride!

We got out of Dunkin a bit late, but got to Flying J pretty close to schedule. Met up with LeloTX and TJ29607 there.

It was a bit cool for mesh, but my rain shell made it perfect!.. Saw a LEO or 2, but we weren't playing hoodlums today, so that's good.

Fall foliage colors usually aren't very impressive around here, but it surprised me that we saw as much color as we did... some nice yellows, reds, browns, greens... Certainly a nice day to be out.

We had one deer that had me concerned for a moment, but I saw it in plenty of time and it jumped the guard rail and disappeared in the woods. No problem! Came up on a buzzard feasting on a treasure in the road that didn't want to fly off quickly, and a Kamakazi squirrel that darted in front of me along the way.

No panics, no real close calls... no bike issues... just perfect weather, good roads, some good scenery, and all with some really great riding buddies.

After 3 months of racing around trying to keep up with the new contract job and finishing my last grad school classes, I had forgotten how much of an escape the rides have been... I had an awesome day, and it was great to get back with some of the best riding partners in Texas.

Thanks for coming out, guys! It was great!

Christmas is coming, and that makes it hard to get out, but I'm looking forward to the next ride! I think the schedule says I'm good for next weekend, so unless I'm wrong, I'll have a ride set up for next weekend... but that may be it for the rest of the year for me.

So... where do we want to go next weekend?????????????

Thanks again for leading the ride Blue Flash - very enjoyable, especially the 2nd half. The rest of my weekends are already accounted for so I was glad to be able to get this ride in before the year ends.

See you guys in 2018!

Hmmm... looks a bit chilly this weekend. I've got a lot to do, and it looks like it would be in the mid 30s Saturday morning...

anybody out there hard set on a ride in the chilly weather?

Hmmm... looks a bit chilly this weekend. I've got a lot to do, and it looks like it would be in the mid 30s Saturday morning...

anybody out there hard set on a ride in the chilly weather?
Oops... looks like the wife's birthday this weekend... that may knock me out for a ride! Sounds like we'll have to hit the new year running!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oops... looks like the wife's birthday this weekend... that may knock me out for a ride! Sounds like we'll have to hit the new year running!

Sounds like it. I had to miss the last one and I can’t make this weekend. Hopefully we’ll be able to put something together soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, so January hasn't been good for me... ice doesn't help.

I'm Grandpa next weekend, but after that, we should be getting some consistent rides going. The temps should start coming up... days longer... I'm ready!

I haven't seen any other rides posted up... hope somebody has been getting out!!!

I hear that! Was hoping for drier weather this weekend... or next weekend?

Oh... they are already calling for rain next Saturday! Hope that changes...

I'm hoping for better weather as well. Other than riding to the range last Sunday, I haven't had time (or compliant weather) to do much on two wheels. I guess I need to get some waterproof gear for commuting.

Short ride tomorrow? (Sunday, 2/18)

Hmmm... weather is a toss up. tomorrow's forecast is about the same as today's... I was thinking Saturday was looking iffy, and maybe Sunday a bit better... should we give it a try tomorrow?

Re: Short ride tomorrow? (Sunday, 2/18)

Hmmm... weather is a toss up. tomorrow's forecast is about the same as today's... I was thinking Saturday was looking iffy, and maybe Sunday a bit better... should we give it a try tomorrow?
This weekend is looking better!!!!

Probably won't get to ride this weekend, getting over the flu is taking longer than expected and if I can I need to get my daughters car inspected. If things change I let you know.:yawn:

Probably won't get to ride this weekend, getting over the flu is taking longer than expected and if I can I need to get my daughters car inspected. If things change I let you know.:yawn:
Get yourself back in shape. Well ride soon!

Rode with all my friends yesterday...

So yesterday didn't pan out for a group ride yesterday... work, flu, etc., seems to have gotten in the way. However, my last ride was December 3rd... that't TOO LONG! So I headed out solo.

Took the route from Atascocita to Huffman and the Prison to 321, up to the Alabama Coushatta Shell station via Ace and Segno. Then took 942 up to 62, back to Point Blank and 242.

Didn't catch a single car in the curves of 242! After three months off the bike, though, my left hand turns weren't really smooth... I need to ride more. Nobody got in my way, but an old guy in an RX8 easily hung with me through the curves. I just hope I wasn't holding HIM up!

The ride was great... didn't get held up by traffic, great weather... until....

I didn't realize Plum Grove Rd was closed! No detour, just a section of about 1/4 mile where the road is gone, and replaced by piles of dirt and gravel. No warning signs until about 100 yards before the closure. Looking at google, it looks like there are a few better ways around, but I went all the way back to Splendora to get around. I was about 50 or 20 miles from home, and it took 45 minutes to bet around and back home...

OK... I won't be doing plum grove road for a while!

Other than that SNAFU, it was a good ride... one that I've been needing for awhile. I'm looking forward to getting some of the gang or maybe some newbies into the rides soon.

Spring is coming!!!!

Re: Rode with all my friends yesterday...

I didn't realize Plum Grove Rd was closed! No detour, just a section of about 1/4 mile where the road is gone, and replaced by piles of dirt and gravel. No warning signs until about 100 yards before the closure. Looking at google, it looks like there are a few better ways around, but I went all the way back to Splendora to get around...

What? Somebody must have taken the detour sign down. If you had turned left just a short detour jog through the new neighborhood I believe. But my disclaimer I've never taken it, always been on the Tenere so I've went over the big gravel piles at each end. It has been like that since Harvey. I was tempted to join your ride but just arrived home 11 pm Friday riding the bike in from El Paso. Yesterday morning I didn't awake until 8 am and then ran at half speed until noon.

_

What? Somebody must have taken the detour sign down. If you had turned left just a short detour jog through the new neighborhood I believe. But my disclaimer I've never taken it, always been on the Tenere so I've went over the big gravel piles at each end. It has been like that since Harvey. I was tempted to join your ride but just arrived home 11 pm Friday riding the bike in from El Paso. Yesterday morning I didn't awake until 8 am and then ran at half speed until noon.

_
Bummer! I fooled around with GPS updates yesterday morning and didn't get out until about 1130!

Yes, google does indicate a way around, but i must have guessed wrong in the neighborhood... couldn't see a connecting street. I didn't take the time to investigate further.

Bummer! I fooled around with GPS updates yesterday morning and didn't get out until about 1130!

Yes, google does indicate a way around, but i must have guessed wrong in the neighborhood... couldn't see a connecting street. I didn't take the time to investigate further.

Ok... the weather forecast for tomorrow is 20%, 40%, or 70% chance of rain, depending on the source.

Do we ride tomorrow?????

Ok... the weather forecast for tomorrow is 20%, 40%, or 70% chance of rain, depending on the source.

Do we ride tomorrow?????

Ride. Saturday morning... gotta happen!

Back