• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DRZ400SM

Dyna Sport said:
French but there's some universal language in there.

Yep, it's French. The salesman is telling him how quickly he can escape if they are ever invaded by the Germans again.

:mrgreen: :rofl

That customer in the showroom is Stephane Chambon, probably France's leading road racer at the moment for 'ze Alstare Suzuki squad. If I deciphered the credits properly, he also did the stunts.

Glad to see the black one works just like the yellow one. If mine doesn't do all that, it'll be fixed under warranty...right?

I literally can't even think about it, or I just get sick waiting for it to arrive...

Man, he makes that look so easy!! That has to be a blast!

Adios,

In certain parts of Texas they are going for less than that, if you know the right people ;-)

I gotta put some UberHawk parts on eBay to pay for all the accessories I've already found. Axle sliders, handguards, a really trick back rack...yummy bits, ummm.

As to whether you could get away with that at a track day...probably at Cresson. Into the rattlesnake and out through the wagon wheel. Although the wagon wheel is likely to put you on your tushie.

It just needs to get here. It'll probably be delayed until the week I'm in California :-(

Uber, what is your expected delivery date? (Sounds like a baby. :-D )

Well I've been looking at the track day thing but I really don't want to go slide my FZ-1 around the pavement and I know I would push it until I did.

The KTM though is another matter entirely. :)

No motard instructors in Texas though I bet.

Dyna Sport said:

I saw a website a few months back, can't remember where, about a Super Moto class at Texas World Speedway. Seems like it was several planned thru the year.

txmedic said:
Uber, what is your expected delivery date? (Sounds like a baby. :-D )

Any day now, just like a baby....

I really haven't been bugging them to check, as it's just torturous for me to even think about it. So I don't.

Besides, I've spent two hours this morning looking for my house keys, so I've got other things to do :mad:

DRZ400 SM

Any way you can tell me where. I have been approved to get one from the chief so I'm set. I've been watching them for while. My connection at the local Suzuki shop quit.

Hemibee said:
Dyna Sport said:

I saw a website a few months back, can't remember where, about a Super Moto class at Texas World Speedway. Seems like it was several planned thru the year.

I don't know about motard at track days, but CMRA has had a couple of motard classes in sprints for a couple of years now. There is NO dirt for motards in Texas, though. :mad: Lots of rumbling a few years ago about doing a motard day maybe at Oak Hill, but it never came off. But, we've got some fast motard class racers in CMRA and even TMGP has a motard class, which, I'm happy to say, I was class champion last year. ;-) Actually, I've won 5 class championships in two organizations in four years on that little bike. Motards are the absolute BLAST to ride on asphalt. I've been wanting to try real motard competition, but it's just never come off. I do flat track for my dirt diet and TMGP and CMRA road racing for my asphalt, but I'd sure like to combine it all in one lap!

On asphalt, there's really not much difference in riding a motard than a sport bike or GP other than the bars are higher. I ride knee down, hang off, road race style. It's when you have dirt on your tires that the foot goes down, just like I ride dirt or asphalt when it's wet. It's more comfy on the tard and in the wet I can absolutely fly on that thing. I have a major advantage over a "clip on" bike in the wet. And, there's this misconception by the general riding public out there that the tard guys back it in on the rear brake. That's not so. What you are seeing is weight transfer to the front under heavy braking and the rear lifting and sliding out into a corner as the rider controls the rear with the clutch. There really isn't that much rear brake used on a properly set up tard, just that you're on the front brake just as hard as you are on a road racer and the bike is quite tall and the rear wheel lifts really easily under heavy braking. And, it's much easier to control the slide with the clutch under engine compression braking than it is with the rear brake.

I think what makes the motards fun is the fact that they, being dirt ergos, are easier to slide than a clip on type bike. In fact, it's quite natural to get them sideways! It's a total blast, and I've a complete convert. I've sold my RS125 and if I ever build another big bike for CMRA, it'll likely be a CRF450 or something for a motard class. It's just too fun.

Just my two cents on what I've learned in 4 seasons of motarding in competition.

American Supercamp

I have attended American Supercamp which is all about sliding. They used to come to Texas but not sure now. They have guest instructors which makes it pretty cool. I believe Danny Walker has now become more involved in youth that he has reduced his schedules. If he comes again, I will go.

Stephane Chambon.....Multiple SuperMoto champ as well as a very accomplished road racer on the Alstare squad. He was doing all of the riding in the vid as well.

10-95 said:
Dyna Sport said:
French but there's some universal language in there.

Yep, it's French. The salesman is telling him how quickly he can escape if they are ever invaded by the Germans again.

:mrgreen: :rofl

It would be easier and quicker to teach them all to say "Wir übergeben."

Re: DRZ400 SM

Back from Easter in Houston.

Greeves TFS said:
Any way you can tell me where.

Sure, I'm first in line already :mrgreen:

Mike Langley at Central Texas PowerSports, Georgetown, Texas @ 512/948-9922. Tell 'em Daryl said he was the DRZ man!

Now I'll warn you, it wasn't 5800 drive out, but who the heck wants to drive to Ohio anyway.

Never did find my keys...the 18 month old probably needs a polygraph.

DRZ400 SM

Thanks Daryl,

I'll have to give him a call. Are you getting black or yellow? I don't want to go to Ohio but would if I had to!

The black one of course. I'm thinking of putting Buell stickers on it just to mystify people...

As to the keys and 18 month old Jack, my wallet and keys were missing. We found Spencer in the corner pulling everything out of my wallet. What would your conclusion be? :moon:

uberhawk said:
The black one of course. I'm thinking of putting Buell stickers on it just to mystify people...

As to the keys and 18 month old Jack, my wallet and keys were missing. We found Spencer in the corner pulling everything out of my wallet. What would your conclusion be? :moon:

Well, keep checking his stool. It may all come out in the end... :-?

Jack Giesecke said:
Hemibee said:
Dyna Sport said:

I don't know about motard at track days, but CMRA has had a couple of motard classes in sprints for a couple of years now. There is NO dirt for motards in Texas, though. :mad: Lots of rumbling a few years ago about doing a motard day maybe at Oak Hill, but it never came off. But, we've got some fast motard class racers in CMRA and even TMGP has a motard class, which, I'm happy to say, I was class champion last year. ;-) Actually, I've won 5 class championships in two organizations in four years on that little bike. Motards are the absolute BLAST to ride on asphalt. I've been wanting to try real motard competition, but it's just never come off. I do flat track for my dirt diet and TMGP and CMRA road racing for my asphalt, but I'd sure like to combine it all in one lap!

That is probably where I saw it.

Jack Giesecke said:
uberhawk said:

Well, keep checking his stool. It may all come out in the end... :-?

Don't you mean "... of the end" ?

Back