TWT Forums  

 


Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Introductions

Notices

Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
kellyw1
 
kellyw1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: corpus christi
Posts: 6
Newbie from Corpus

Howdy All, Greetings from Corpus Christi, Heard about this site from a guy visiting Corpus this past weekend. He is from Gonzales and rides a V-strom. This is just the kind of local Texas site I've been looking for--thanks John.
I just sold my beloved Honda ST1300 and bought something completely different--a 2011 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster. I may be regretting this decision since the Triumph dealership is in San Antonio, and on my first service (!500! miles) I had to leave it there due to brake light staying on. Hopefully this will be a brief interuption of a long term love affair, not the first in a series of electrical gremlins.
Attached Thumbnails
2011-triumph-rocket-3-roadster%201.jpg   DSC00107.jpg   DSC00117.jpg  

hill fall 2009 033.jpg  
kellyw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
BlkDakDave
 
BlkDakDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Corpus Christi Texas
Posts: 37
Re: Newbie from Corpus

Welcome and greetings from another CC resident. I'm sure that brake light issue will get fixed and your new Triumph will give you many miles of trouble free enjoyment. Again, welcome to TWT!
__________________
NEVER FORGET!
BlkDakDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum
 
Tourmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Huntsville, Tx.
Posts: 45,456
Re: Newbie from Corpus

Welcome to the site!
__________________
Scott Friday

Total Forum Supporter Donations For November: $33.96 - Previous Month: $635.07 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 111 Current Forum Supporters out of 20871 Users (0.53%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon


The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
tx_medic
 
tx_medic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kingsville
Posts: 92
We're thinking of doing a Baffin Bay Meet 'n Greet here soon. We're on the Corpus/Kingsville/Baffin Bay thread...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tx_medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
tshelfer
 
tshelfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Arlington
Posts: 11,320
Re: Newbie from Corpus

Welcome aboard. Nice bike. And if you have friends who ride V-Stroms, you're obviously an okay guy.
__________________
Tim in Arlington
'12 black Suzuki WeeStrom
Preach the gospel. And if necessary, use words - Francis of Assisi

'05 red VStrom - sold
'79 Honda CB650 - sold
'75 Honda CB400F Super Sport - sold
'74 Suzuki TS185 enduro - liberated by a needy soul
'72 Yamaha RT3 enduro - sold
tshelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
The Bruce
 
The Bruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Between a Rock and a weird place, Pflugerville, TX
Posts: 8,294
Re: Newbie from Corpus

Love the Rocket. A true muscle bike.
The Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #7
BlkDakDave
 
BlkDakDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Corpus Christi Texas
Posts: 37
Re: Newbie from Corpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_medic View Post
We're thinking of doing a Baffin Bay Meet 'n Greet here soon. We're on the Corpus/Kingsville/Baffin Bay thread...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looked for the thread, can't seem to find it. Can you throw me a life line here...
__________________
NEVER FORGET!
BlkDakDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #8
Hemibee
 
Hemibee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Panorama Village
Posts: 10,518
Welcome to TWT from a member of the BBC (British Bike Contingency).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Tony

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger - "Black Betty" - Gone
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC - Jessica



"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles." John Wayne
Hemibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:39 AM   #9
tx_medic
 
tx_medic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kingsville
Posts: 92
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59895
tx_medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:00 PM   #10
JMZ
 
JMZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Gonzales , TX
Posts: 6,308
Re: Newbie from Corpus

Hey , you made it here You will like it It was nice talking to you .
__________________
2012 Tenere
2014 KTM 500 XC-W
2000 KTM 380 EXC PLATED FOR SALE
93 CT70
JMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:13 AM   #11
tx_medic
 
tx_medic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kingsville
Posts: 92
We're throwing together a bike night this Thursday out here in Kingsville if you can make it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tx_medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #12
fortbriscoe
 
fortbriscoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kerrville
Posts: 357
Re: Newbie from Corpus

Welcome.
__________________
Dave
'08 FLHRC Road King Classic


"The purpose of man is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever." Westminster Shorter Catechism
fortbriscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #13
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum
 
Tourmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Huntsville, Tx.
Posts: 45,456
Re: Newbie from Corpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_medic View Post
We're throwing together a bike night this Thursday out here in Kingsville if you can make it!
And that is how regular bike nights get started. Someone just does it.
__________________
Scott Friday

Total Forum Supporter Donations For November: $33.96 - Previous Month: $635.07 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 111 Current Forum Supporters out of 20871 Users (0.53%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon


The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #14
kellyw1
 
kellyw1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: corpus christi
Posts: 6
Re: Newbie from Corpus

update on Triumph Rocket 3: My entire wiring harness was replaced after about a month and a half in shop. Right now it runs great, but I wasn't real happy with the service at Alamo Triumph. Will probably take to Lonestar triumph in Austin. Heard some good things about them.
kellyw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #15
tx_medic
 
tx_medic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kingsville
Posts: 92
I take my Tiger to Gulfcoast BMW/Triumph. It's a ways off, but worth it.


Sent from phone
tx_medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #16
Sweet-E
 
Sweet-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: richmond, tx
Posts: 241
Re: Newbie from Corpus

You will love the owners of Lone Star Triumph, they are some really nice folks and they will take good care of you!!!!
__________________
Elaine
2014 Spyder RTS SE6
2013 Suzuki DR650
2008 Yamaha XT250-Sold
2010 Triumph Bonneville-Sold
2004 BMW R1150R -Sold
2000 Yamaha V-Star Classic-Sold

"God Promises a great destination not a smooth flight"
Sweet-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #17
tx_medic
 
tx_medic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kingsville
Posts: 92
Where is Lonestar?


Sent from phone
tx_medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #18
andyc740
 
andyc740's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 424
Re: Newbie from Corpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyw1 View Post
update on Triumph Rocket 3: My entire wiring harness was replaced after about a month and a half in shop. Right now it runs great, but I wasn't real happy with the service at Alamo Triumph. Will probably take to Lonestar triumph in Austin. Heard some good things about them.
Welcome to TWT from a fellow Corpus resident. I take my bike to Mike Callesen here in town. He operates out of his backyard, but he's a certified Triumph mechanic. ph: 361.232.8299. He's kept my bike on the road for the past 2 or 3 years.

I was in the Valley working last week and noticed the bike shop in Pharr, F & T Valley Motor Sports, is now selling Triumphs.

http://www.motorcycle.com/dealers/f-...rts-11721.html

I don't know anything about the dealership other than from stopping by to chat occasionally. Their website doesn't mention Triumphs, but they had a Rocket III parked outside and, I believe, a Triumph logo on the front of the building.
__________________
Sometime third Biggest Liar in Texas

06 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100 (Rocinante II or R2)
01 Triumph Trophy 1200 (Rocinante) - worn out
andyc740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:20 PM   #19
Sweet-E
 
Sweet-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: richmond, tx
Posts: 241
Re: Newbie from Corpus

Lone Star is located at 10600 N. Lamar Austin TX 78753
512-451-7979 or 800-729-3807
__________________
Elaine
2014 Spyder RTS SE6
2013 Suzuki DR650
2008 Yamaha XT250-Sold
2010 Triumph Bonneville-Sold
2004 BMW R1150R -Sold
2000 Yamaha V-Star Classic-Sold

"God Promises a great destination not a smooth flight"
Sweet-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #20
tx_medic
 
tx_medic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kingsville
Posts: 92
Ahh, thanks. I was hoping it was around here somewhere.


Sent from phone
tx_medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
roadster, rocket 3, triumph


Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Introductions

Notices


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Rights Reserved, Scott Friday 2003-18.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.22817 seconds with 13 queries