TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Introductions

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 06-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
kellyw1

Newbie from Corpus

Howdy All, Greetings from Corpus Christi, Heard about this site from a guy visiting Corpus this past weekend. He is from Gonzales and rides a V-strom. This is just the kind of local Texas site I've been looking for--thanks John.
I just sold my beloved Honda ST1300 and bought something completely different--a 2011 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster. I may be regretting this decision since the Triumph dealership is in San Antonio, and on my first service (!500! miles) I had to leave it there due to brake light staying on. Hopefully this will be a brief interuption of a long term love affair, not the first in a series of electrical gremlins.
Attached Thumbnails
2011-triumph-rocket-3-roadster%201.jpg   DSC00107.jpg   DSC00117.jpg  

hill fall 2009 033.jpg  
kellyw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
BlkDakDave

Re: Newbie from Corpus

Welcome and greetings from another CC resident. I'm sure that brake light issue will get fixed and your new Triumph will give you many miles of trouble free enjoyment. Again, welcome to TWT!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Welcome to the site!

Total Forum Supporter Donations For November: $33.96 - Previous Month: $635.07 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 111 Current Forum Supporters out of 20871 Users (0.53%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
tx_medic

We're thinking of doing a Baffin Bay Meet 'n Greet here soon. We're on the Corpus/Kingsville/Baffin Bay thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tx_medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
tshelfer

Welcome aboard. Nice bike. And if you have friends who ride V-Stroms, you're obviously an okay guy.

'05 red VStrom - sold
'79 Honda CB650 - sold
'75 Honda CB400F Super Sport - sold
'74 Suzuki TS185 enduro - liberated by a needy soul
'72 Yamaha RT3 enduro - sold
tshelfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
The Bruce

Love the Rocket. A true muscle bike.
The Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #7
BlkDakDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_medic View Post
We're thinking of doing a Baffin Bay Meet 'n Greet here soon. We're on the Corpus/Kingsville/Baffin Bay thread...

Looked for the thread, can't seem to find it. Can you throw me a life line here...
Old 06-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #8
Hemibee

Welcome to TWT from a member of the BBC (British Bike Contingency).

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger - "Black Betty" - Gone
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC - Jessica

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles." John Wayne
Hemibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:39 AM   #9
tx_medic

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59895
Old 06-29-2011, 07:00 PM   #10
JMZ

Hey , you made it here You will like it It was nice talking to you .
93 CT70
JMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:13 AM   #11
tx_medic

We're throwing together a bike night this Thursday out here in Kingsville if you can make it!

Old 07-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #12
fortbriscoe

Welcome.

"The purpose of man is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever." Westminster Shorter Catechism
fortbriscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #13
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_medic View Post
We're throwing together a bike night this Thursday out here in Kingsville if you can make it!
And that is how regular bike nights get started. Someone just does it.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For November: $33.96 - Previous Month: $635.07 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 111 Current Forum Supporters out of 20871 Users (0.53%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #14
kellyw1

update on Triumph Rocket 3: My entire wiring harness was replaced after about a month and a half in shop. Right now it runs great, but I wasn't real happy with the service at Alamo Triumph. Will probably take to Lonestar triumph in Austin. Heard some good things about them.
kellyw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #15
tx_medic

I take my Tiger to Gulfcoast BMW/Triumph. It's a ways off, but worth it.

Sent from phone
Old 09-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #16
Sweet-E

You will love the owners of Lone Star Triumph, they are some really nice folks and they will take good care of you!!!!
2008 Yamaha XT250-Sold
2010 Triumph Bonneville-Sold
2004 BMW R1150R -Sold
2000 Yamaha V-Star Classic-Sold

"God Promises a great destination not a smooth flight"
Sweet-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #17
tx_medic

Where is Lonestar?

Sent from phone
Old 09-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #18
andyc740

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyw1 View Post
update on Triumph Rocket 3: My entire wiring harness was replaced after about a month and a half in shop. Right now it runs great, but I wasn't real happy with the service at Alamo Triumph. Will probably take to Lonestar triumph in Austin. Heard some good things about them.
Welcome to TWT from a fellow Corpus resident. I take my bike to Mike Callesen here in town. He operates out of his backyard, but he's a certified Triumph mechanic. ph: 361.232.8299. He's kept my bike on the road for the past 2 or 3 years.

I was in the Valley working last week and noticed the bike shop in Pharr, F & T Valley Motor Sports, is now selling Triumphs.

http://www.motorcycle.com/dealers/f-...rts-11721.html

I don't know anything about the dealership other than from stopping by to chat occasionally. Their website doesn't mention Triumphs, but they had a Rocket III parked outside and, I believe, a Triumph logo on the front of the building.

06 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100 (Rocinante II or R2)
01 Triumph Trophy 1200 (Rocinante) - worn out
andyc740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:20 PM   #19
Sweet-E

Lone Star is located at 10600 N. Lamar Austin TX 78753
512-451-7979 or 800-729-3807
2008 Yamaha XT250-Sold
2010 Triumph Bonneville-Sold
2004 BMW R1150R -Sold
2000 Yamaha V-Star Classic-Sold

"God Promises a great destination not a smooth flight"
Sweet-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #20
tx_medic

Ahh, thanks. I was hoping it was around here somewhere.

Sent from phone