• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

$12 Pegs

j650gs

Reaction score
73db0baabb81df5e567bfdcaa234b22b.jpg

So far, so good. Have about 300 miles on the $12 Amazon (YZ) pegs. Lots of dirt, mud and standing. Someone, somewhere else, said they could not be modified to work on the GS. With a little engineering, for now, they work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome, I hacked yz pegs to fit the kdx. Where theres a will!

I'll bet your BMW peg is the same $12 pegs on my DL650,
20161211_165536-1.jpg

Also installed a $17 folding shifter lever tip.

I've been wanting to upgrade mine and the wife's pegs for a while. What did you have to modify?

Last edited:
There's an "L" shaped piece I had to make to put in the groove of the bracket. The tongue of the peg is shorter than the stock peg so they want to set in a forward position. I cut and drilled and installed the piece then removed the entire bracket and ground the insert to shape.

73db0baabb81df5e567bfdcaa234b22b.jpg

So far, so good. Have about 300 miles on the $12 Amazon (YZ) pegs. Lots of dirt, mud and standing. Someone, somewhere else, said they could not be modified to work on the GS. With a little engineering, for now, they work.

Those $12 chinese pegs should be worth at least a couple mornings discussion at Starbucks. ;-)

Oh! oh! oh! Thems fightin words right there. I'll have you know that TravelDiva and I have not given those carpet bagging scallywags a penny of our hard earned conservative money since they started poor mouthing honest gun totin' Southern Patriots...harumph harumph...;-)

One of the best mods I did to the Strom. Put them on probably 2 years ago and 20+ thousand miles ago.

Gonna order two sets of them tonight..:rider::rider:

Last edited:
Oh! oh! oh! Thems fightin words right there. I'll have you know that TravelDiva and I have not given those carpet bagging scallywags a penny of our hard earned conservative money since they started poor mouthing honest gun totin' Southern Patriots...harumph harumph...;-)

:rofl: I like your style!

Back