• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #190- "It's Hot" (Assignment)

Deco

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Gage
Turned this around fast in order to take advantage of the weekend. It should be lovely.

Inspiration for the assignment - A/C at work decided to go on the fritz.

Get an image showing the heat of the showing summer or those dealing with it. I know everyone in the state is feeling it so there is no excuse not to get out there and and shoot it.

Feel free to post examples here.

Have fun and try to stay cool!:sun:

Specifics for this assignment:

1) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, iPad, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!

2) Post processing is allowed for this assignment.

3) All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.

4) Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between now and midnight, August 14, 2017.

Last edited:
With this cold front the assignment is proving difficult. LOL

I have an idea. Just need to execute. I suspect it will need some testing though. And I have a couple of back up ideas.

I dont think snow shoes or sled dogs will be necessary just yet.

Doh! I didn't ever get a chance to create the image I had in my mind, but had a backup idea...which ended up being an overcast day. And I had an image from a zoo trip last week that was going to be my last option and forgot to post last night. We lost power for a few hours and it totally distracted me. Once it came on I was already in bed and had forgotten about the assignment.

No worries though, the entries look good so I wouldn't have had a chance. :-)

Doh! I didn't ever get a chance to create the image I had in my mind, but had a backup idea...which ended up being an overcast day. And I had an image from a zoo trip last week that was going to be my last option and forgot to post last night. We lost power for a few hours and it totally distracted me. Once it came on I was already in bed and had forgotten about the assignment.

No worries though, the entries look good so I wouldn't have had a chance. :-)

Let's see what you had! You have me curious now. :-)

Okay. I don't have my laptop with me, so I'll post tonight when I get home.

Okay, was going to post this, but now looking at it I don't think it has enough context. Doesn't tell the story.

IMD_5066-L.jpg

However, this shows the wide view, but is misses the detail of the watermelon colored ice.

IMD_5046-L.jpg

That is a tough shot.

I bet that's pretty cold; picking up ice with your nose.

It was jamming some big chunks in its mouth before that. Then is stepped on a particularly big hunk and broke it into those smaller pieces you see. Effortlessly.

Back