• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday

I only needed muscle to drag my damaged stuff to the curb. A group of volunteers from the neighborhood helped me get furniture and carpet out in one day. My boss came down from Katy and helped me clear wet sheet rock and insulation the next day. I am whooped!
ec547069a16093aa977508b03366db66.jpg

Today, I'm tackling the garage.

David, I've been running hard the past 4 days working the same tasks with our church's crews (remove furniture, flooring, wet walls). But tomorrow (Sunday) we are observing a day of rest. That said, if you still need more help let me know and I will put my work gloves back on in the afternoon and come over.

David, I've been running hard the past 4 days working the same tasks with our church's crews (remove furniture, flooring, wet walls). But tomorrow (Sunday) we are observing a day of rest. That said, if you still need more help let me know and I will put my work gloves back on in the afternoon and come over.

Thanks for offering, but we have managed to get the house where we want it. Adjuster will be by in the next two days. The volunteers that went house to house in my neighborhood were a crew just like yours and made all the difference, so thank you for doing that. It was an incredibly humbling experience. We took down names and numbers. There will be a smoked brisket BBQ for all of them at my place in the near future. Just need to find some dry wood...

Just got mine cleaned out today. Same deal, a crew of volunteers came by moved furniture and stipped out carpet and sheetrock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

We got the bike out today.

Anyone up for Angelo's? If they are open?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

All,
I would love to see you guys again however I am not sure where Angelo' is?
Can you please post the address?
thanks
Stefan

David, Chad: glad you guys got your stuff out. What a mess! Wish I could have helped more, but had to get back to work. Hope you make it out tomorrow; gotta be some good stories to swap! See y'all there.

Sorry I missed out on Wednesday; got a little overheated working on the foundation for a storage building. I did head down to Stingaree last (Friday) night to see an old high school friend's band. I wasn't sure if they were going to make it as most of the band members got flooded out during the storm, couldn't get a response from Bart if they would be there, and is why I didn't post up to see if anyone else wanted to go. Left out a little after 5:00 and the traffic through Baytown to get to I-10 was really backed up. I also made a wrong turn off of 562 onto FM2936. I meant to go down to FM1985 to cut over to 124 to High Island. FM2936 is paved for a couple of miles, but turns to loose coliche rock for about 7 miles and hits FM1941. The AT was dancing under me, but tracked straight through the loose rock. FM1941 was paved, but kinda rough and there's a bridge in the middle of a turn with a raised edge as you hit the bridge. Thought for sure I would have a flat or bent rim from hitting it, but somehow didn't; was fairly exciting for a couple of seconds. Got to Stingaree's a little after 7:00 and the band was playing. Went up stairs and had dinner (place was packed and took over an hour and in the Stingaree tradition, they got my side order wrong). Went back down and watched the band (Crossroads Band) finish their set. Visited with Bart and found out the Neches River was 3 miles out of it's banks. He had put his SUV up on a flatbed trailer, but the water came up 3 feet over it anyway. He lost everything and escaped from his house in a pickup toolbox. He said the water was moving so fast, it took him under I-10 to the other side and he was holding onto some vines to keep from being swept off into a swamp. He said a guy towing a boat down I-10 saw him waving his free arm and came to pick him up. Bart said the truck stop between the river and Vidor had water three feet over the tops of the diesel rigs in the parking lot, all of the tank trailers floated up, and were piled up in the back corner of the lot next to some trees.
I stayed a little longer (around 9:30), listening to their last set; they are pretty good. In the two pictures below, Bart is the guy on drums. Rode back across the ferry, got right on non-stop, they closed the gate behind me, and we were off. Best ferry crossing experience ever.

Attachments

• crossroads_band2.JPG
    crossroads_band2.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 164
  • crossroads_band1.JPG
    crossroads_band1.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Y'all; How does Red River Bar-B-Que @ 1911 E Main St League City, TX 77537 sound for this Wed 09/20/17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Luckenbach "Harvest Classic" vintage motorcycle rally is scheduled Oct 20th - 21st. Last year a number of us took 12 rooms at The River Inn Resort and made a weekend out of it. I have called up to the River Inn to see if there are rooms available, and was told that all the rooms were taken for these dates ... but ... it's a wedding party and they expect them to drop a number of rooms this Friday, Sept 22nd.

I really enjoyed last year, and unless circumstances change, I will go again this year. Are there others here interested in going? You don't have to make a commitment, I would just like to get a rough room count, so if they are available Friday, I can lock them in.

If your interested, send me an e-mail entitled "Harvest Classic" to JoeFinkNet@outlook.com. That way we don't clutter up the Clear Lake thread and it will be easier for me to sort things out.

Sorry I missed out on Wednesday; got a little overheated working on the foundation for a storage building. I did head down to Stingaree last (Friday) night to see an old high school friend's band. I wasn't sure if they were going to make it as most of the band members got flooded out during the storm, couldn't get a response from Bart if they would be there, and is why I didn't post up to see if anyone else wanted to go. Left out a little after 5:00 and the traffic through Baytown to get to I-10 was really backed up. I also made a wrong turn off of 562 onto FM2936. I meant to go down to FM1985 to cut over to 124 to High Island. FM2936 is paved for a couple of miles, but turns to loose coliche rock for about 7 miles and hits FM1941. The AT was dancing under me, but tracked straight through the loose rock. FM1941 was paved, but kinda rough and there's a bridge in the middle of a turn with a raised edge as you hit the bridge. Thought for sure I would have a flat or bent rim from hitting it, but somehow didn't; was fairly exciting for a couple of seconds. Got to Stingaree's a little after 7:00 and the band was playing. Went up stairs and had dinner (place was packed and took over an hour and in the Stingaree tradition, they got my side order wrong). Went back down and watched the band (Crossroads Band) finish their set. Visited with Bart and found out the Neches River was 3 miles out of it's banks. He had put his SUV up on a flatbed trailer, but the water came up 3 feet over it anyway. He lost everything and escaped from his house in a pickup toolbox. He said the water was moving so fast, it took him under I-10 to the other side and he was holding onto some vines to keep from being swept off into a swamp. He said a guy towing a boat down I-10 saw him waving his free arm and came to pick him up. Bart said the truck stop between the river and Vidor had water three feet over the tops of the diesel rigs in the parking lot, all of the tank trailers floated up, and were piled up in the back corner of the lot next to some trees.
I stayed a little longer (around 9:30), listening to their last set; they are pretty good. In the two pictures below, Bart is the guy on drums. Rode back across the ferry, got right on non-stop, they closed the gate behind me, and we were off. Best ferry crossing experience ever.

Wow, and he showed up to play?!! Taking that whole "the show must go on" pretty seriously, huh? Amazing story.

The Luckenbach "Harvest Classic" vintage motorcycle rally is scheduled Oct 20th - 21st. Last year a number of us took 12 rooms at The River Inn Resort and made a weekend out of it. I have called up to the River Inn to see if there are rooms available, and was told that all the rooms were taken for these dates ... but ... it's a wedding party and they expect them to drop a number of rooms this Friday, Sept 22nd.

I really enjoyed last year, and unless circumstances change, I will go again this year. Are there others here interested in going? You don't have to make a commitment, I would just like to get a rough room count, so if they are available Friday, I can lock them in.

If your interested, send me an e-mail entitled "Harvest Classic" to JoeFinkNet@outlook.com. That way we don't clutter up the Clear Lake thread and it will be easier for me to sort things out.

Email on the way :clap:

Rode to work after reading 15% chance. Now I am not sure what I read or where.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Back