• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New rider BCS area

Axial

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Hi, I'm from BCS area. New to this forum and motorcycles. Finished MSF course a month ago on a CBR250. I would have my license by now if the DMV knew how to make a website... but anyways I just bought my first motorcycle, a 2006 Ninja 250. Bought it for $1k from a guy who was done working on it, bought 2 jets for $6.95, and in less than a days work (with help from the all-knowing dad) I had a running ninja in literal showroom condition with Two Brothers slip-ons. I'd imagine it's a $2k bike now but I'm not sure how many people want to pay that much for a pre-gen 250.

I'm excited to be able to ride soon, here's a video:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wChCXMNDRbo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wChCXMNDRbo[/ame]

P.S. The shirt I was wearing in the vid was baggy so I look weird.

Couldn't get images to work so here's a picture of one like mine minus the slip-ons, flush front blinkers, fender eliminator, and rear blinkers in light pod conversion.

82000d1146366167-my-06-red-ninja-250-02-ninja-250.jpg

Welcome, ride it to September 30th pie run near Temple and meet some members. That is a slick looking bike, good job you and your dad. Get that M/C lic.

Last edited:
Thanks! Prob won't be able to get a license in 10 days but definitely looking forward to meeting people and riding!

We'll get it figured out.

This is my son. Scott, you might have seen him as a babby during those early years when we had the yearly get together in College Station.

Nice looking bike. Welcome to TWT. Be careful out there and take it easy for your first 6 months or so of riding.

Welcome...sent you a PM about riding...
I'm not sure if my account is allowed to PM yet,(my reply didn't go through) but I saw the message.

I've noticed this forum is full of incredibly nice people. Thanks for the advice everyone!

We'll get it figured out.

This is my son. Scott, you might have seen him as a babby during those early years when we had the yearly get together in College Station.

This made me realize that was over a decade ago. :(

Welcome to TWT. Hear a lot of good things about the small Ninjas. You live in a good area that way. Love me some Longhorn chicken fried steak.:eat:

Back