• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1250 Bandit Trike Conversion

PhilS

Reaction score
Guys:

I was at the Motogp race in Indy this week watching Ben Spies tear it up, then I found this in the Hannigan Trike Conversion booth.

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061-1.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

I'm sorry, but, if you can't drag the pegs, buy a sports car. Guess I'm not old enuff for a trike at 68. Maybe at 88?

Awesome man. Sorry if y'all don't like it but there are folks who still love riding but aren't physically able, I've met alot of them through amputee groups. If you saw some of the guys I've seen, ex: hand amputee who still rides, you would be more compassionate

Awesome man. Sorry if y'all don't like it but there are folks who still love riding but aren't physically able, I've met alot of them through amputee groups. If you saw some of the guys I've seen, ex: hand amputee who still rides, you would be more compassionate

I was being more humorous.......but edited.

I have a 92-year old client who is still riding. She had to switch to a trike after she broke a hip at 84...back when she was "younger" as she puts it! :rider:

I have both a trike and two wheeled bikes.

They are two different types of riding. I have no desire to buy a sports car.

I have found running a trike through its paces can be a bit of a challenge. I enjoy experiencing both worlds.

One funny story I have is I was doing a day ride with some riders I know and I decided to take the trike. At lunch one of the guys, who I didn't know, started making all kinds of wise cracks about the trike. I listened to his comments, and then I asked him one simple question. I asked him how many miles he had on his bike. I don't remember the model of bike he had but I do believe is was one of the BMW sports bikes.

He proudly informed me that he had thirty something thousand miles on the OD. I grinned and responded that the trike he was making jokes about had 85,000 miles before it was even triked. I also added that when he gets 85,000 miles on his bike we can then talk about mine. He didn't have much to say after that. I just thought it was funny.

Never said I didn't like the trike... Just not for me.. I have a few thousand miles riding trikes and side cars. They are different and fun. Have very good friends , both men and women on them. Also have a very good friend with one leg from the hip still riding 2 wheels. love them all. But, to each their own. ;-) I respect anyone's choice of ride.

I wanna try one of those MP3 scooters with the two wheels in the front that lean. I wonder what that is like.

I saw it too. My buds needled me about it being a Bandit.

It still has chain drive btw and about the only way to get to it for lubing is via the front sprocket cover.

In the looks department, I also vote no.

Try one of these. 4 wheels, & they lean really well - albeit not in the direction you'd prefer....

Attachments

• citroen_2cv.jpg
    citroen_2cv.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 191
Back