• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Visionary--the product, not me...

Reaction score
Dunno where the best place to post this is, but hardware sounded closest. Picked up the "Visionary" tinted visor on Friday. In a nutshell, for 15 bucks, you get 2 tinted plastic (?) visor inserts with adhesive at the ends. Color choices were smoke, silver, mirror blue, and mirror red, I believe (geez, I'd be the next Manson riding around in traffic in the heat with a red visor...). The pieces were roughly the correct size/shape for my AGV Demon helmet. The piece adheres to the inside of your face shield.

The result: at least a thumb & a half up. I definitely like it better than wearing sunglasses, as they tend to pinch my melon, and when I wear polarized lenses, I get funky blue hues, guessing my faceshield has some slight polarity to it. Looks OK, maybe on the squidly side, but hey, 2 fer 15 bucks sure as heck beats the 80 bucks they want for a mirrored faceshield, and this way I don't hafta worry about scratching the coating everytime I clean the swarms of critters off my helmet.

The only thing I can say I don't like is that due to slight curvature in my faceshield, I have a small "dimple" in the insert, nothing major though. Just annoys me when I stare at myself in the mirror with my helmet on (I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh-darnit, people just like being around me...) :shock:

Just thought I'd share. Like ZZ Top said "...go getcherself some CHEAP sunglasses..."

Back