• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bastrop trails

JMZ, you rode in one of the toughest riding environments in Texas much less America. That IS what's called hard core. Welcome to the club...

Guess I'm gonna hafta see about losing another side panel in Bastrop! I have the tires this time, not those street slick Stink-o 705's like before. I'm not off weekends in April so if anyone rides during the week in April I'll be there. If it doesn't interfere with moving. My wife and I are selling our house and buying another. We'll be moving the second half of April. Dangit, gets in the way of Bastrop trails!!!

Could someone PM the info on the Bastrop area - my googling skills seem to be failing. An address or the name of the park?

It's not a park. It's a subdivision in which a large part was never developed and the roads have deteriorated to the point that it's a lot of fun. I know the place backwards and forwards.

The most of the 'trails' are still listed as county roads, and to explore the place well there are a lot of short 'paved' connectors that need to be traversed, so bikes must be plated, registered, inspected, insured, etc. At the very least you need to be plated because I don't want to chance getting pulled over because you aren't.

You won't find the info on the web because part of me showing you around or sending you the info is a promise to not post the info on the web. I like to share the place but I don't want it blown out either.

I could use a good ride this Saturday. Interested?

It's not a park. It's a subdivision in which a large part was never developed and the roads have deteriorated to the point that it's a lot of fun. I know the place backwards and forwards.

The most of the 'trails' are still listed as county roads, and to explore the place well there are a lot of short 'paved' connectors that need to be traversed, so bikes must be plated, registered, inspected, insured, etc. At the very least you need to be plated because I don't want to chance getting pulled over because you aren't.

You won't find the info on the web because part of me showing you around or sending you the info is a promise to not post the info on the web. I like to share the place but I don't want it blown out either.

I could use a good ride this Saturday. Interested?

I was actually planning on HiddenFalls Saturday - I dont have a plate - and it would be very expensive/difficult to plate my WR. I dont even know if you can plate a 2 stroke.

You can plate just about anything in Texas. I know a bunch of guy who ride plated converted 2t dirt bikes. I wish I could tell you to come on down to Bastrop without a plate, but I don't make the rules.

Hidden Falls is a whole lot of good dirty fun. Enjoy!

You can plate just about anything in Texas. I know a bunch of guy who ride plated converted 2t dirt bikes. I wish I could tell you to come on down to Bastrop without a plate, but I don't make the rules.

Hidden Falls is a whole lot of good dirty fun. Enjoy!

Cool. I would have to get a title, and do a bunch of silly wiring. Thanks though.

I have a buddy who let's us ride at his place every once in a while. I cut 4.5 miles of trail out there and it's a hoot. No plate needed.

Watch for 'Adams Ranch' in ride announcements, probably in the early fall. I'll try to remember to sent you a pm when it happens.

I have a buddy who let's us ride at his place every once in a while. I cut 4.5 miles of trail out there and it's a hoot. No plate needed.

Watch for 'Adams Ranch' in ride announcements, probably in the early fall. I'll try to remember to sent you a pm when it happens.

Appreciate it. Let me know, I am always happy to come cut down some trees :) trade some sweat for some seat time.

JMZ, you rode in one of the toughest riding environments in Texas much less America. That IS what's called hard core. Welcome to the club...

:mrgreen: I just noticed this post :clap: I AM READY TO GO BACK THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rider:

Hey RollingJ, I ordered and installed the skid plate on my CRF and I just received the head light and rear light/plate holder so I am getting close to plate my dirty mistress, maybe you can give me a hand with that :trust:

Sure can, Oscar. Tonight's no good, but how about later in the week?

Sure can, Oscar. Tonight's no good, but how about later in the week?
That sounds great, i am still working on the mirror and horn, the guy from the state inspection place told me if I want I can use a clown horn :rofl:, that could be fun and will give my bike some character...:lol2:

Back