• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Opinions requested

Reaction score
Carthage, Missouri SW corner of the State.
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Porter
Having owned a 2000 Ducati 900SS with custom exhaust that sounded soooo good, I am tempted to buy them for my 2006 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom, that sounds stock like a lawnmower! Will the DL sound as good as a Ducati? The engines are very similar, single crank, V-twins, so I'm thinking it would be a good mod, although I've never heard a DL 1000 with aftermarket slip-ons! What think you???? Thanks, Sam:mrgreen:

Ironman said:
Having owned a 2000 Ducati 900SS with custom exhaust that sounded soooo good, I am tempted to buy them for my 2006 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom, that sounds stock like a lawnmower! Will the DL sound as good as a Ducati? The engines are very similar, single crank, V-twins, so I'm thinking it would be a good mod, although I've never heard a DL 1000 with aftermarket slip-ons! What think you???? Thanks, Sam:mrgreen:
I know that TL1000R's and TL1000S's sound awesome with a good aftermarket pipe, and being as the Strom motor is derived from that one, it should be quite tasty to the ear.

two brothers also makes a set of slip ons for the strom. I've never heard it but squidwards right about the tl.

Back