• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tire change around Lufkin/Nacogdoches

Grozny

Reaction score
I went out to start up the bike and go for a ride today, and the rear tire was completely flat. The tire only had 1500 miles on it. Oh well. New tire is on the way, and I wanted to see if anyone in the area had a no-mar or equivalent that wouldn't mind helping out next weekend. Wheel would already be off the bike, just need the new tire mounted. I plan on paying too. I just want to avoid the stealerships if possible.

I am too far away up here in DFW, but I don't have a NoMar equivalent machine anyway. I just have a HF machine that has changed a couple hundred tires.

What kind of bike is the wheel off of?

Might check with Marcus and his crew down at The Cycleshop on US69 South of Loop in Lufkin -- a cycle salvage/repair shop where they also build trikes.

I am too far away up here in DFW, but I don't have a NoMar equivalent machine anyway. I just have a HF machine that has changed a couple hundred tires.

What kind of bike is the wheel off of?

I know the HF works well, and won't scratch the wheels with mojo blocks. At any rate, it's off a 2012 Street Triple R. I know of a few places in Houston that charge $15-20, but by the time I pay for the gas to get there...

Might check with Marcus and his crew down at The Cycleshop on US69 South of Loop in Lufkin -- a cycle salvage/repair shop where they also build trikes.

Thanks for the lead. I'll have to give him a call.

Back