• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kaitlin has her "M"

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wagner
Well a little delay in getting yesterday, but today she has it in hand.

When I get home tonight we are going to take a short jaunt down 157.

congrats to her. Y'all have fun now........:rider:

That is pretty cool! Congrats for both of you. I wish you many miles of riding together. It is a great way to build shared memories and experiences, hopefully all good ones ;-)

How about an update on how she is doing?

We have been out on a limited basis, with her working after school and weekends.

But on the occassions we have been out she is doing fine, around the neighborhood multiple laps. And at the school playing follow the leader she does great. She admitted to me that being on the road scares the living daylights out of her, I told her it scares me everyday but I use that to make myself more aware of my riding enviroment and use it to my advantage.

I just got her new boots and gloves for her birthday and Good Friday we are going to get out early for a 20 to 50 miler on some lesser traveled roads. No slabs just yet, she controls the bike well after I made a few adjustments. Her confidence is growing and I am letting her get on the street at her pace so she has the confidence and awareness that she needs.

I am very proud of her becasue it is not the easiest thing to do and she has stuck with it and wants to continue learning.

Sounds like she has a patient, wise & caring instructor. she's gonna be fine!
Give her a "you go girl" for me!
:rider:

Congrats! Mine is 15 and doing the drivers ed thing at school. Scares me to death. And is asking about going to a BRC already. Now, your daughter out and about on her bike....as has been said here many time....no pics, never happened.

So when's she going to her her own userid and start posting trip reports? :rider:

Tell her congratulations for me!

So when's she going to her her own userid and start posting trip reports? :rider:

Tell her congratulations for me!

She has signed up but she never told me her userid (sneaky girls), I'll make she she posts up soon with a report of her progress.

Tell your daughter welcome to the wonderful world of motorcycles :rider:

My son got his M at 16 (he turns 19 end of May), after completing a BRC and a year of dirt biking. He stilll has his first bike ('06 Ninja 500), though it's up for sale to move on to a larger machine.

All the best to your daughter and her future riding :thumb:!

YAY! im just over my 6 mo anniversary of riding now... even though im over 1 year with a bike! had some work to do on it then had to get my license yay Kaitlin!

im in arlington also so maybe we shall see yall at a meet and greet or ice cream if i ever get to go again!

YAY! im just over my 6 mo anniversary of riding now... even though im over 1 year with a bike! had some work to do on it then had to get my license yay Kaitlin!

im in arlington also so maybe we shall see yall at a meet and greet or ice cream if i ever get to go again!

Congrats! :clap: I just had my 1 year anniversary last month. :rider:

Congrats to Kaitlin! The more she rides (hopefully) the more comfortable she will be on the streets. My son got his license when he was 15. He is 17 now and riding a Ninja 250. Well, unless he takes my bike! It is not unusual for me to go out to the garage and find that he has taken my bike and left me his. But, that's OK, I enjoy riding the Ninja! I remember when he was knee high and riding tiny dirt bikes. Now he is 5'11" and about to graduate from High School!

Attachments

• PICT0198.jpg
    PICT0198.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 255
Back