• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Newbie from CC

texary

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Harper
Hi y'all from Corpus.
I just retired in December and looking to do some adventure riding (before I need a walker to get to my bike!). This is my first attempt to participate in a forum and I thank "Tourmeister" for the kindly help. I'm looking for a BMW f650gs twin but unfortunately I'm on a "beer budget". My backup plan is a Suzy sv650s, probably from 2004 to 2007.
I do have an extra car now, a very fine BMW z3 M Roadster that I would consider trading for a bike plus cash...
Hope to meet you all soon.

Attachments

• 98 z3 M silver_s.jpg
    98 z3 M silver_s.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 102
Firstly, welcome to TWT.

Some of us would, without a hint of bias, recommend a Kawasaki KLR!

If you're new to, or just getting back into riding I strongly urge you to do the MSF course in your area before venturing on our highways. I quit for nearly a decade after 20 years of riding including a stint doing dispatch in London and was surprised at how rusty my skills were.

Thanks.
Just finished the course. I noticed rust but the big thing was the frustration of being in a basic course.
The last instruction I had was at Mid-Ohio for Superbike School. The last "lesson" was an eight lap race around the 2.5 mile course with 21 other enthusiasts. So I had to bite my tongue, keep my comments to myself and not mention "late apex". But, we used Buell Blasts and they were fun.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

I'll second the KLR as a great entry level (skill and budget wise) bike for dual sport riding. Nice used ones with most of the common accessories can be had for $2000-4000. They will run forever.

Back