• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

J

Jarrett

Uncle Buck and I are going to meet at Quick Trip in Alvarado tomorrow morning at 7am and run this route.

Looks to be maybe 60/40 paved, not sure but definitely a good amount of gravel and dirt in there.

Ends in Grandview around 10am or so. Home by 11am or so.

Come out if interested. We'll likely be a moderate pace, no rush.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/27966697

Very interested, but 7 AM is early to get to Alvarado for me. If I am there, then I am in. If not, then go on without me.

Post up how this route turns out, please. I'd like to join you guys on some rides like this. I just bought an AT. No protection on it, so I don't wanna take it off road quite yet. Ya know, Murphy's Law.

Wish I could.

Unfortunately the fine folks in the corporate office (Australia) decided that since the 4th is only an American holiday & most of our businesses are not in the US, they are going to proceed with the fiscal year financial close tomorrow.

So, depending on how the numbers pan out, I get to either stick around and answer lots of questions, or I get to stick around and answer no questions.

I'm hoping for the "no questions" option.

I've attached a track and a route for those so inclined.

Attachments

• Brazos Loop_route.gpx
    507.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Brazos Loop_track.gpx
    507.6 KB · Views: 204
I recognize parts of that. I get off at 7am and am not prepared. Have a good ride!

Man....I saw this way too late or I'd have been there. Glad you guys had fun.

I need to really start working out. My legs are still kind of sore from how much I squeezed my tank on some of those roads.

Fun route. Would have been nice to have another person along in case I went down again. Thankfully the only time my bike was dropped was when we stopped to take pics near the lake seen above. Seems I need to practice parking too.

Back