• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2007 KLR 650 clean low miles

Reaction score
First Name
Farhan
SOLD!
For sale very clean KLR.
This bike is barely broken in with 78xx miles. Runs like a top. Clean title.
Owned by an older gentleman for most of its life till a friend bought it earlier this year and I bought it off him.
I got the Doohickey mod done with all Eagle Mike parts including the torsion spring (better than linear). This is pretty much the only thing that can fail on these bikes and now you won't have to worry about it.
New tank. New 50/50 Shinko 700s front and rear. Oil changed and carb cleaned recently. Spacers in front forks to decrease sag.
I have the bike at stock height but have a 2" lowering kit that will come with the bike.
This is the last year of the 1st gen, the 2nd gen have issues, stay away from those.
This bike can cruise on the highway, carve up twisties and ride down single track trails just the way it is. Most versatile bike I have ever owned, I wish I could keep it but have no room in the garage, too many bikes.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, 2008 was the last year for Gen 1 KLRs.

Oops, I'm probably wrong. Not a first.

Last edited:
@valker I'm not entirely sure but the internet says it was 2007, Gen 2 came out in 2008, maybe they made both since it was a transition year?

I think the 08-up bikes had larger dia spokes.. among other things. To make the bike more roadworthy...but a bit less trailworthy

FROM WIKIPEDIA...
In 2008 the KLR650 was radically redesigned with new aesthetics, modern dual headlights and a more powerful engine. The new 651*cc single-cylinder engine puts out 36*bhp (27*kW) at the rear wheel at 6600*rpm and 33.4*ft⋅lbf (45.3*N⋅m) of torque at 4950*rpm. other improvements include: New fairing design, new instrument panel, redesigned handlebar control switches, new bar-end weights, revised powerband, revised suspension has reduced travel but with less static sag, new rear swingarm, new turn signals, larger petal-style vented brake rotors, new twin-piston rear brake caliper, increased radiator capacity, fork diameter increased from 38 to 41*mm (1.5 to 1.6*in), new headlight similar to that used on the*Kawasaki Ninja 650R, larger luggage rack, firmer seat, larger-diameter wheel spokes, reinforced idler-shaft lever, called the*doohickey*by KLR riders. Stator "alternator" upgraded to 17amp output, providing an additional 36*watt capacity.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I had heard to avoid 2008-2010 KLR's due to them burning oil.

I was instructed that 2007 or before OR 2011 or after are the ones to look for.

That said, has this one been repainted with different graphics?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had heard to avoid 2008-2011 KLR's due to them burning oil.

I was instructed that 2007 or before OR 2011 or after are the ones to look for.

That said, has this one been repainted with different graphics?

had a 2011 never used a drop of oil. Very reliable. I think it was only the 2008 that had some oil usage if dogged hard.

Typo on my part, 2008-2010 were the issue years.

At least that's what I had heard from a couple of KLR knowledgeable folks. No personal experience myself.

From what I've been told the old tank was faded and scratched up so the po replaced it with a new one.
No complaints from me, I think it looks sick.
And y'all are right, 2008-10 burned oil. I still think the Gen1 looks better.

Back