• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My wife is in ICU - Suzanne passed away 7/16/10

Jack, I'm very happy for you. I'd caution you to go slowly, and I expect you know that already. Kurt is right that there is no specific waiting period, but experience of the human race as a whole says that you're in a vulnerable period right now, and it's usually not noticeable to the survivor.

Your daughter is probably not the right person to ask about it, but you might want to consider talking to another friend who knows both of you. Outside opinions are valuable because they come from the outside.

You did everything you possibly could for Suzanne, and you did it out of love. Never let guilt get ahold of you. You were an awesome husband to her. My hat is off to you.

Hey, and if you want something else to keep you occupied, I have a non-running weedeater you can have. :lol2:

:-P I almost can't stop laughing... just remember that what you are feeling is similar to what you were at 16... and that's not a bad thing... Just remember to use your head... and you can read between the lines on this family site.

Sounds like things are looking up Jack. I expect every day may be a little different, some high, some low, but deciding to go on with living after a trauma like this one is the only choice. Wishing you the best, sounds like she's great therapy for you.

You fulfilled your vows to the letter. There is no waiting period, and you deserve happiness. Have fun Jack, you are entitled, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

:tab Beth made me promise that if she goes first, I won't bring a date to her funeral :-P I have to agree with the others though, if the two of you are good with it and you are dealing with your grief instead of just burying it, more power to you! Does she like guns? :trust:

Well, thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement. No, we're not speeding into this, no plans for matrimony any time soon, though we're discussing how we can be together the most being as we both work pretty much part time. I deliver twice a week and she teaches a Monday, Wednesday, Friday class. Moving stuff to both houses and planning all this is the challenge at this point.

And, Scott, part of her problems after her divorce is that she's a country type with brains. She works iin acedemia and there are few with country values in that world, full of egotists, snobs, and left wingers. Her politics are libertarian and she's a tea partier and her brother hunts, wants me to meet him soon. Her friend has a CCW, but she is hesitant to learn to shoot, but I bet I can turn her around with a nice little .22. ;-)

I was a little worried about how to tell her I carried at first, but turned out she's on my side on that one. :mrgreen: Ya know, you find out her academic credentials and then you wonder, but it turned out okay.

And, yeah, I've sorta felt 16 again. The thought had occurred to me, but I took the chance anyway. You never know 'til you take the leap.

Jack, she sounds like a great lady, someone I'd be happy to know. Awesome.

Way to go Jack...

You fulfilled your vows to the letter. There is no waiting period, and you deserve happiness. Have fun Jack, you are entitled, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I think Kurt pretty much said what I was thinking so I'll leave it at that since I don't think I could say it any better. :thumb:

Back