• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Western Loop - oct. 11th

Reaction score
Doing the Western Loop (ride 2) from the Hill County Adventure book Oct. 11th weekend with a couple friends. None of the folks on the ride will have done it before so we could be slow moving, and lost even haha . Figured I would open it up to whoever is up for an adventure with a couple Austin weirdos.

The ride starts and ends in Junction, TX. We are going to camp Saturday night at Llano state park.

More details to come

For those who do not have the HC Adventure book is this dirt or paved? I am guessing it is dirt mainly? Llano is a great place to camp. Too early but might be in if I can get Saturday off. KP

This is a mostly dirt ride, the booklet considered this a class 2, meaning easy to moderate. I'm taking my big old KTM 990 and there will be a couple GS 800F's so any dual-sport or adventure bike should be good to go. But like I said, I haven't done it before so we are going to try and not do the loop loaded up with gear for our first time.

KP. He's talking about the South Llano River Park in Junction.

And it's a fun route. Y'all enjoy.

Rode that section about two months ago and water crossings were slick as snot. North of I10 there are more gates than I'd care to count. We had a great time though and spent several days riding in the area. Should be tons of fun. I think the gate to Old Junction Rd was the only missed turn of the weekend.

Back