• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin Area Urban Dual Sport Rides

Thanks for the ride, good times. We continued on up to the north trails and grabbed a bite to eat before we did multiple laps . 7 was a late start today :)
We are gonna do another nite ride soon.

Was great meeting you James! Will be in touch. Great riding you did today !

Had a great time riding Area 51, it's been a while. Either I'm out of shape, had too much gear or it was way hotter and more humid than expected cuz the ride wore me out. Still fun and I'm determined to do a night ride out there sometime.

I'll have to check this out sometime, but I want to get more off-road experience first since I'm riding a G650GS.

By the way, does anyone have some video of these rides? I'd love to get an idea of what it looks like.

I've got some video from this morning. Is there any way I could post it here? Somebody let me know if there is...

I'll have to check this out sometime, but I want to get more off-road experience first since I'm riding a G650GS.

By the way, does anyone have some video of these rides? I'd love to get an idea of what it looks like.

Jim, upload to You Tube then share the link. Easiest way.

A couple of vids of some local trails that we did today.

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xz7UaJx3J9k#"]GoPro Kickstand Pivot Pegz view - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tlErwgM5LVU#"]Area 51 New Years Day Leg1 - YouTube[/ame]

Hey All-

If anyone is going to ride Area 51, let me know. I can be there as early as 7:00 and want to finish up around 12. I don't care, as long as I get in some dirt time.

I'm also going to post in Bastrop Trails.

I woke up at 3:00 am thinking about riding and how long it's been. So I changed the front tire from my city street Continental to a brand spanking new Dunlop 606. (It took me 1 hour from start to finish including balancing, eating a piece of toast and putting everything away. Way better than the first time- much less like a monkey trying to procreate with a football.)

Now, after getting up early and doing all that work, I'm going on a ride tomorrow morning. Even if it's just for a couple of hours.

Thanks All!
Bucho1999
aka
Frank

I blew a fork seal last weekend at Area 51 so I'll need to deal with that before I hit the dirt again. Hope to have it done by next weekend.

If anyone can give me pointers on where to go from the Exxon at Loyola and 183, please let me know. I'm sure it would be easier to follow someone, but sounds like no one's available tomorrow.
Thanks again.

I'm riding the East Side trails this Sunday am with a few others so if anyone wants some dirt time, meet at Exxon - Loyola/Hwy 183 at 10:30 am on Sunday. Weather should be nice, it'll be some street and plenty of single track so bigger bikes may struggle. Trails are mostly easy to moderate and it's been a while since I've been out there so some areas may be a little overgrown. Bring water and full gear.

It only rained for about 10 minutes last night so the trails should be fine but if you want mud I know some places

Weather this weekend should be pretty much ideal so I'm going to make another run thru the east side trails on Sunday if anyone wants to ride. We'll hit all the good spots like the launch pad, Area 51 and the hill of doom, probably skip the Okie Death Drop and might check out the Bum Urinal, time permitting and if I can remember where it is.

Meet at Exxon, Loyola / 183 Sunday at 10:00 am. Full gear is recommended.

Scott, if you can't make it by 10, txt when you arrive and I'll let you know where we are

Sounds good. If we finish early and are hungry for more, I'll txt and may ride out there if you're still riding.

Dang. I would of totally joined you. Making brunch after riding Emma Long this morning.
Have a good ride. I'll try to send you a PM next time instead of just posting.

SATURDAY MORNING TRAIL RIDE​

We're expecting a warm and sunny Halloween with no rain in sight, temps in the 70s and perfect riding weather. Let's kick off a fun, action-packed F1 weekend with an adrenaline pumping ride thru the East Side trails this Saturday morning. We'll hit all the good spots such as the launching pad, Area 51 and the hill of doom, the downtown overlook and possibly a few new places. Meet at Exxon @ Loyola/182, 10am Saturday. Full gear and water is recommended. I'll have rope and first aid and hopefully we won't need either.

Did a short recon in the woods of the east side this afternoon and found what appear to be some well-worn and recently created trails heading into a remote area that had been previously unacceptable due to overgrown brush this summer. I'm going to check them again to see where they go so if you want to ride, lets hit the east side trails either tomorrow, Sunday or both. It's always a good time so come one come all and bring full gear. We'll hit Area 51, all the good spots and a few new ones too.

Did a short recon in the woods of the east side this afternoon and found what appear to be some well-worn and recently created trails heading into a remote area that had been previously unacceptable due to overgrown brush this summer. I'm going to check them again to see where they go so if you want to ride, lets hit the east side trails either tomorrow, Sunday or both. It's always a good time so come one come all and bring full gear. We'll hit Area 51, all the good spots and a few new ones too.

I'll be home late Saturday. If you can wait till early Sunday, I'll join you.

Hmmm..... pending confirmation of kiddo's schedule I may see y'all there.

Back