• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need a chain breaker/riveter

kurt

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Brown
Anyone in the Austin area have one? That is $85 I'd like to save after $175 for chain and sprockets.

No one??? You guys are gonna make me buy one aren't you? I'm a founding member of the cheap *******s club and can't justify the expense as I hope to have a shaft drive next time around. I guess Johnny Cheese is gonna get some money from me after all. :-D

txmedic said:
No one??? You guys are gonna make me buy one aren't you? I'm a founding member of the cheap *******s club and can't justify the expense as I hope to have a shaft drive next time around. I guess Johnny Cheese is gonna get some money from me after all. :-D

Nope dont have one either, but as a fellow member of the Cheap *******s, I would love to use yours once you have finished

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I have one but you have to come see me to use it ;-)

I don't have one but I usually just cut through the old chain with a hacksaw and then use a hammer and some metal bolts to put the new chain on (instead of a riveter). The second part is a little harder due to the hardened metal rivets. However, it can be done and I've never had any problems with my chains.

And so Achim announces his membership in the "Cheap *******s" club :-P :lol:

Adios,

For the Austin area folks:

My membership to the CBC has lapsed. I am now the proud owner of a chain breaker/riveter. Shop rates and a three day wait to have AF1 do this forced me to buy it. :twisted: Tools are always a good investment. Come by if you need to use it.

I have one...

..I have one, but it was really cheap-I think I paid less than $20 for it. I've used it for years. I used to carry it on trips as it is just slightly larger than a deck of cards. :shock:

I ran chains with a master link on my Bandit 1200. Never lost one.

I've been using masterlinked chains for years. Never lost one.

Charter members of the C.B.C. must use the hacksaw/grinder - masterlink method of chain fastening or risk being expelled from the club.

Back