• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Caney Creek enduro is reset

Curious, does that mean the forest will be reopened by then? Torch has a weekend ride scheduled for the 22nd-23rd in SHNF, been looking forward to it all year.

Yeah, with the race being the same time it might not be a good time to go anyway. Even if the forest is open.

The forest is a big place, we should be able to stay out of their hair. They don't utilize both the east and west sides for the Caney Creek enduro, do they, Vaughn ? The east side alone has more trails than most of the places Torch rides. I'd only be riding Saturday anyway, might like to go watch the races on Sunday.

The forest is a big place, we should be able to stay out of their hair. They don't utilize both the east and west sides for the Caney Creek enduro, do they, Vaughn ? The east side alone has more trails than most of the places Torch rides. I'd only be riding Saturday anyway, might like to go watch the races on Sunday.

Usually they start in New Waverly and ride the entire trail system(both sides of lake) then the "fast" guys do part of it again. The forest is public so it is my understanding the trails are open to anyone but I wouldn't recommend it. That could be a recipe for disaster to me. Now Saturday shouldn't be a problem.

Well, they only have the east side cleared right now and thats the important part for caney creek. I dont know the exact course, but I would imagine that sunday may not be the day to ride the forest. :) Saturday should be fine, but if you see markings going the other way than you are going such as race course arrows or something I would be SURE to not go against traffic. If anyone is riding the course you may end up nose to nose with someone doing a decent pace thru there. :)
I need me some dirt riding real soon jeez, its been too long. bike is refreshed tho. Finally hehe

I would also keep an eye out and make sure to call and check the forest to see if it opens up. I think they will open soon anyway. I hope so anyway.

I clicked on the TRH site an noticed the Oldtimers at Caney Creek. I may qualify since I know some of the oldtimers mentioned. The wife use to be the Newsletter Editor for TRH, now TRH has a website, the Club has transpired since I was in it.

Larry,
We still have a newsletter. The club has come a long way, but as with anything there is still work to be done. TRH wouldnt be what it is without folks volunteering and helping set things up. I am always appreciative of folks past and present who help the club be an asset to the dirt riding community. :)

Back