• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

One more from League City

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Dietrich
Hi all. New to the site. Caught a plug on www.yzf600R.com. Only been riding about 7 months. My two distractions from houshold duties:

'83 Honda Shadow 750
'05 Yamaha YZF600R

The Shadow has been gathering a lot of dust lately. Been through the MSF at San Jac. Outstanding course. I've racked up about 3500 miles and I'm considering the expert rider's course. Any advice on a good time (experience wise) to take this?

Just did the Rt. 149 ride through Anderson last weekend. I think I could deal with the 3 hour commute just to be up that way every weekend. If anyone knows of some decent South of Houston rides, I'm all ears.

Todd in LC said:
Welcome. There are quite a few of us in the Clear Lake area. Lets get together and ride soon.

Sure thing. I usually sneak out early on Saturdays before the family gets moving. I'll keep a watch for any group rides, or PM me if you want to set something up.

Velocipede said:
Hi all. New to the site. Caught a plug on www.yzf600R.com. Only been riding about 7 months. My two distractions from houshold duties:

'83 Honda Shadow 750
'05 Yamaha YZF600R

The Shadow has been gathering a lot of dust lately. Been through the MSF at San Jac. Outstanding course. I've racked up about 3500 miles and I'm considering the expert rider's course. Any advice on a good time (experience wise) to take this?

Sounds like we've got a few things in common. I started about the same time as you did, cruiser at first but something sportier recently. I got in about 5000 miles on my V-Star before I changed off to the SV around the end of January, and added another 2700 miles on it since then.

Took the MSF advanced course about a month ago. I probably would have been more comfortable doing it on the V-Star since I had more experience with it at the time, but then again, I think I got more out of it on the SV, and it definitely helped me get used to the bike quicker.

Welcome fellow League City rider. I'm fairly new, both to the forum and riding also. I've been on 2 wheels since Christmas, I'm really liking the present I gave myself this year ;-) . I think I'd like to see a ride or a bike night down in this area.

Velocipede said:
I've racked up about 3500 miles and I'm considering the expert rider's course. Any advice on a good time (experience wise) to take this?

Take the course right after your first ticket on the R6! :twisted: It counts as defensive driving for dismissal.

Welcome to the site! :chug:

Back