• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yamaha repairs in dallas

gixxerjasen

Wow
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, been working with my service manual on an issue with my YCCS system and have hit a brick wall (figuratively, not literally). I'm thinking of rolling the FJR onto my Kendon trailer this weekend and dropping it off at Stadium Yamaha. Is there any reason I should possibly take it somewhere else that might be better?

Electronic. Ugh. It's been throwing errors, I followed the service manual, ended up ordering a high priced sensor. I installed the sensor per the service manual and went through the programming steps. According to the service manual it will give a solid light when it writes the new values to the eprom, or it will flash if there is an error. I have performed this process before with the old sensor and gotten the solid light so I know the process and I know it works. But with the new sensor, I get the flashing light. The manual offers nothing on what to do if you get the flashing light and there's no error code associated with it. I am stuck and don't know where to go from here.

Yea, my problem here is that I'm afraid this might be out of the scope of a private mechanic. See, the YCCS bikes sold fairly terribly in the US. They tend to be pretty much bulletproof and not many folks have problems with them. In the end, many folks even have problems finding mechanics at the dealership that are familiar with the system. On doing searches even the failure that I'm experiencing seems to be extremely rare. I figure the dealership may have a hard time diagnosing it but at least would have that direct line to Yamaha.

All I can add is that there is another dealer just off LBJ but I can't offer any experience with them. Will the bike run without fixing or will you have to trailer it in?

I had a bad experience with Lewisville powersports on mine, they made it right by refunding my tab but the bike got scratched while there. Most of the work was correct, a $5 part screwed the pooch. I would call and qualify both service facilities for your specific issue. Stadium has treated me well in the past but that was 5 years ago.
If you need transport help let me know.

Or it is stuck between gears.

Unfortunately, you didn't shut the bike off in gear before this happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Actually, the programming happens by putting into the programming mode, shifting into first, rotate tire half turn, push starter, verify solid light, shift to second, rotate tire half turn...all the way up to fifth, then back down again to neutral. Pull brake and it will write to eprom...or it won't. So nope, not between gears. :D

If you need transport help let me know.

Thanks for the offer. I got it to Georgia and back on the new to me Kendon trailer, I hope I can get it to the shop. I'll let you know though. :D

when you shift through gears while programing are you doing it manually or with push button?

hmm doing some reading and if the throttle position sensor is not reading a completely closed throttle it wont shift to first and wont program.

Button push. It's definitely clunking through the gears. You can hear it and you can feel it when turning the rear wheel.

Well what did you do, or do we need to get the collective together for a tech day at your place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Late to the party I know but I'll put another plug in for Stadium. High? Sure they're a dealer. But by the time I'm willing to carry my bike to someone else I have exhausted my knowledge/skill/ability or something and I don't want some jakeleg jackin my bike up. I have always made sure that Dean worked on mine. I guess he is still there it's been a while. ??

I'm sulking in depression. Kid is back in school, time to find wifey a job so I can get the bike(s) running again. :(

Cheer up -- that MINI ain't exactly punishment. ;)

If for some reason you wind up using Freedom Powersports in Lewisville I can help with transport, as it's right by my office (and you know I go past your office). Also, I've got a front tire that would work for that Bandit if you're interested, a rear too if you'd want it.

Back to this one again. Started a new job and our winter didn't tempt me to ride much. But the wife is working, things are good, I replaced the clutch today and am ready to haul it somewhere. Stadium Yamaha is under new ownership so I'm not sure if it's still as good as it used to be. I won't have time to haul it anywhere till next weekend so I got until then to figure it out. Thinking possibly about the dealership with the best used inventory and inventory network, as I may just trade it in. This bike has been bad luck and I've had so much downtime. I don't attribute it to the FJR because I know they are great bikes but mine seems to have been a bit of a lemon. If it's going to be insane to fix, I'm about ready to cut the cord.

Back