• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cylinder boring near HOUSTON? Who?

Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Christie
Hi.

My RD350 (2-stroke, 2-cylinder - for you young pups out there) had a sudden power loss on Sunday AM. I suspect (pending confirmation with a compression test - later this week) that I wiped one (both) cylinders due to running lean (due to restrictive gas filters?).

ANYWAY -

If the compression test shows low compression, that almost certainly means re-boring cylinders and new pistons.

Current pistons (if stock) are 64mm (I will verify when I open it up), bore will need to be to 64.25 or 64.50mm.

WHO in Houston can do this really well? Alternatively, who anywhere else in the US can do it really, really well?

THANKS

Neil

Back when I did my Suzuki GS I took the cylinders and new pistons to two wheeled world up here and they had a real pro they have do their work.
He machines the cylinders to match the pistons.

You need to take it apart first and make sure (1) it didnt just hole a piston (2) just how big it will have to go.
The previous owner of my GS honed and put new stock size pistons in but totally missed the cylinders being out or round and almost 1mm over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Also, there's a guy down here in Santa Fe that does both boring and plating. He does a lot of MX stuff but I'm sure he could do the RD cylinders. He did a real good job on my XR200 cylinder. Check with Tom at Rat Racing - http://www.mxratracing.com/

Wilson performance in Kansas City is where I sent my RZ
crank and cylinders. He has lots of stroker experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back