• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fluids Disposal

GregH

Reaction score
I bought a set of Galfer brake lines for the Bandit and am going to put them on this fall. Since I'm going to have the bike torn down I figure it's also a good time to change the oil and coolant.

But how do I (responsibly) dispose of the old fluids?

What do you do?

CB and Dave, thank you for the suggestions. Dave, that Flower Mound link is fortuitous because the pick-up program begins Oct 01.

Now I don't have to pour the old oil and brake fluid on the neighbor's lawn! :eek2:

There are city disposal sites here & there. Arlington & Ft Worth share one near the corner of Loop 820 & I-30. I've dropped off nasty liquids, paint, batteries, and whatnot there. About the only thing they WON'T take is old computers.

I take it to Walmart.
They even took a bag full of soaked (in oil) paper towels.

Hmmm… I have a 20 gallon barrel that's full that I need to get rid of.

There are city disposal sites here & there. Arlington & Ft Worth share one near the corner of Loop 820 & I-30. I've dropped off nasty liquids, paint, batteries, and whatnot there. About the only thing they WON'T take is old computers.

They also won't take tires. I tried. :(

Hmmm… I have a 20 gallon barrel that's full that I need to get rid of.

Someone on garagejournal forum posted that they called Safety Kleen and they came and picked it up...I think they had a 55gal drum but I'm not sure what the smallest required amount is. Looking on their site I didn't see any differentiation besides a different number to call if you have less than 5 gal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone on garagejournal forum posted that they called Safety Kleen and they came and picked it up...I think they had a 55gal drum but I'm not sure what the smallest required amount is. Looking on their site I didn't see any differentiation besides a different number to call if you have less than 5 gal.

Oh cool!
When I worked in a shop, that's the company that came by for the pant and body chemicals. I didn't know they did consumer level.

Back