• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How long to wait?

So why does a person abandon a working motorcycle? They could go to any pool hall and sell it for $50, right? That beats walking away from it. Now, if someone were to leave your well insured bike somewhere with they key in it...

Pool hall ?? Are those still around ?

I would do the right thing with the bike :clap: Part it out :lol2:

So why does a person abandon a working motorcycle? They could go to any pool hall and sell it for $50, right? That beats walking away from it. Now, if someone were to leave your well insured bike somewhere with they key in it...

That's what just don't add up, but there are folks out there that just don't add up.

You know the type, the least little thing goes wrong and they throw a total hissy fit. (Never got spanked as a kid) he was riding along and it sputtered and died and he just threw a fit and walked away.

That or he ran out of gas and was walking and was shot in a drive by, all we could figure out is it wasn't stolen and he was not listed in the county jail.

Couldn't make the payments? Abandoned with the hope that someone will take it, claim the theft on insurance. Voilà, problem solved.

Don't know why a tow company wouldn't get it. A few years a go found a Jag parked in our parking lot , keys in the ignition. Called cops not stolen,couldn't do anything.Advised us that we could tow it. Checked the trunk for bodies, none there thank God. Called a tow company they got it. Two days later, we had three bullet holes in the front door.

Oh they never showed up, turns out they had been called back on Monday and did show up.

That's what just don't add up, but there are folks out there that just don't add up.

That is no kidding!

Couldn't make the payments? Abandoned with the hope that someone will take it, claim the theft on insurance. Voilà, problem solved.

Along the lines of what I'm guessing. Make it easy to steal to get our from under it.

For some exciting reading try section 683 of the Texas code.

Either put it in storage if you are the property owner, and send a letter to owner of record statinG you will charge storage at the maximum allowed.
Or push it to the road and call police.

Being the grouchy, intolerant, narrow-minded guy that I am; I would do the following:

1. It appears its been there for 6 days now? Move it to a safer place.

2. Find out who the owner is, and attempt to contact them.

3. If succesful, arrange to meet them and ask them to join/donate to TWT as a fee.

Being the grouchy, intolerant, narrow-minded guy that I am; I would do the following:

1. It appears its been there for 6 days now? Move it to a safer place.

2. Find out who the owner is, and attempt to contact them.

3. If succesful, arrange to meet them and ask them to join/donate to TWT as a fee.

It has been moved up a bit into the lane for a truck scale that has not been used in years if ever, safe from being hit.

The name and address of record on the registration is known, his phone number is not available by normal methods.

I am not sure he wants to be contacted, the bank that holds the note might. May contact them.

I'd be afraid that it's a bait bike. Let somebody else push it somewhere....

Just because it isn't reported stolen doesn't mean it isn't. Owner could be unaware, deployed, ill etc.

Is the LKA nearby?

Just because it isn't reported stolen doesn't mean it isn't. Owner could be unaware, deployed, ill etc.

Is the LKA nearby?

his address is 14.6 miles from where the bike is.

I am going to swing by and see if the bike is still there, if it is I will go by that address and see if anyone is home.

bike was gone!
I will check with folks there if they saw or know who hauled it off, plenty of them were interested in it.

I would hate to see any rightful owner deprived of his property. We just had two stolen bike post before Thanksgiving. I'd perform due diligence and do my best to make sure it was not left on my property because the owner/operator was not stricken by illess, bad luck, etc; IF no rightful owner can be found, it's like mana from Heaven. At a minimum it's scrap metal. In the event of the motorcycle, that's one heck of a motor for a go-cart.

Back