• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT will be offline 12/21/18 10:00pm CST - 12/23/18 10:00pm CST

I use my phone for 90% of all my interweb stuffs. Tapatalk is just convenient. This is the only forum I'm active on though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

With the new software, you will be able to upload images directly from your phone to the site. No need to resize them. They will be resized on the fly as they upload. Attachments will also be much larger than they are now. Instead of 640 X 480, they will be 1600 X 1200.

As many of you have seen, if you are using Tapatalk, I have no control over the content they insert between the forum and you. Apparently, I don't get reimbursed for the advertising either. And this is after they explicitly told me there would be no ads on my site that I did not control. So right now, I am not real happy with them.

I hope folks will give the new platform/ software/whatever it is--an honest try before writing TWT off.

The super Tenere forum uses the new software and is available via tapatalk. It sounds like that may be something that Scott has to implement to have happen.

Interestingly, I just looked at the forums that I have loaded to work with Tapatalk. They include This one, the Super Tenere forum and ADV Rider. ADV rider has blank spaces in the threads that say "sponsored" but no ads. At least it did. I went to take a second look and they aren't there now. The other two forums both have ads. There is a three button menu choice in those ads and in the blank space. When I click it it says "This is an advertisement placed by Tapatalk and supplied by various ad companies. Proceeds from the ads are shared with the sites you visit on Tapatalk." Then there are options to "cancel" (closes the context menu) or "remove ads". The remove ads gives upgrade options. I tried to take a screen shot, but I don't think the phone will do it with the context menu open.

Edit: I would ad that most browsers have some type of a "quick dial" feature that allows easy indexing of commonly used pages. With the Firefox browser, it's very similar to the front page of Tapatalk.

Last edited:
While I find Tapatalk frustrating to use occasionally (mainly after they update their app) it still is an easy way to upload photos. For example, I just wrote a post on my computer and then opened it on tapatalk to add a photo.

But with the new software being implemented by TWT, maybe I won't have to mess with tapatalk in the future.

While I'm a member of a couple of forums, this is the only one I use. I can't imagine the new software being so challenging to use that I would stop using TWT.

Plus, I'll just take some coconut oil and then I'll be able to focus on it and figure it out... :trust:

The other two forums both have ads. There is a three button menu choice in those ads and in the blank space. When I click it it says "This is an advertisement placed by Tapatalk and supplied by various ad companies. Proceeds from the ads are shared with the sites you visit on Tapatalk." [emphasis added]

I don't know how long they have been showing the ads, but as I said earlier, I have not seen ANY money from them... EVER.

I don't know how long they have been showing the ads, but as I said earlier, I have not seen ANY money from them... EVER.
Yep. That'd why I thought it was interesting and I posted it. Maybe call him and see where the check is?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Speaking of promised Revenue, do you still see some contributions from the Amazon program.. I just made another purchase that should benefit TWT (Water filter housing). I know you have answered this before. Just a reminder for twt Amazon shopers.

Just set this as the entry point as a home page quick link for Amazon (name it TWT Amazon) and use every time you shop amazon. Any purchases should see a small % paid to TWT

https://www.amazon.com/?tag=twowhetex-20

Tapatalk is great. One app with a gateway page showing all the forum websites you visit. It also has the most user friendly photo hosting I've found. All photos I take are with my cell phone so easy click photo embeding is slick.

If you don't like the ads upgrade the version of Tapatalk app to remove them. Only $1 month, $5 year or $15 for lifetime.

If the new TWT site doesn't keep a Tapatalk interface I for one will find myself visiting here much less.

_

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I'm on a lot of forums. I paid the 15 dollars and it was worth every penny.

Also site down?!?!?!

View attachment 51092

My biggest gripe about Tapatalk is that I have pretty much zero control over what is displayed or how it is displayed. I have TT Pro on my iPhone and use it when accessing the forum. I've never seen any ads, which is why I had no idea they were being displayed. Unfortunately, people that view the site via TT may not realize this and may form opinions about TWT and how they think I am running things when in fact I have nothing to do with it.

I totally agree that uploading images via TT is convenient. IF that is a big reason why any of you use it, I hope you will try the new software once we switch. I think you will see that it is pretty easy to use as well, much more that the current software.

I hope folks will give the new platform/ software/whatever it is--an honest try before writing TWT off.

HA! It will take more than that to kill this rare oasis in a sea of effluvia.
Best of luck, as a site I admin on had to take an Invision upgrade, that turned out to be a huge downgrade.

And as I steadfastly use a Pantech Breeze flip-phone, I could give a rats patootie about any steenking apps. :lol2:

Being an optimist I think that most here (I'm certain you, Gina) recognize that what makes TWT great, and what will keep them involved, is Scott, the Admins and the members.

So the 'house' is getting a fresh coat of paint to make Scott's house-keeping easier (and from most accounts, a bit easier for 'visitors', too). I say good-o for Scott, I'll gladly suffer a few days waiting for the paint to dry, and look forward to returning - to keep in touch with the people - whatever the house looks like.

:sun:

(Thanks, as always, for providing the 'house' and letting us visit, Scott :clap:)

I have a suggestion for you guys complaining about the tapatalk updates: Use an older version. At least that's what I do on my android phone. APKs are available for pretty much any version you want. I didn't like it when they did away with pages and made a post one giant scrolling list, so I reverted back. I think I'm running a version (7.0.4) that's over a year old now!

Scott, I hope the transition goes well. I also hope the new software makes it easier on the back end. I know how much of a mess that can be!

I just realized the government shutdown and TWT’s shutdown happens about the same time. Hopefully both will be short and painless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just realized the government shutdown and TWT’s shutdown happens about the same time. Hopefully both will be short and painless.

You think that's just a coincidence?...

If anyone from the government comes to my house this weekend, it will be the guys in the white suits... not the black suits... :twitch:

Hahah:lol2:

TMuiJgS.jpg

Hope to see y’all on the other side! Good luck Scott and I’ll miss Stromx’s cat the most if it goes bad

TWT....Happy Holidays ya'll
7309a42ad73446e2f9f1658ee4d5ef76.jpg

(I made this tree while I was in High School
My mother kept it all these years)

Scott's site upgrade sounds like it's gonna be jus the ticket for a Happy New Year

Last edited:
How about predictions on who will have the last post today on the old site and the first post on the new site ... admin and mods excluded?

$5 on aspr. He’s young enough to stay awake , looks at the site on his phone, and doesn’t drink.

$5 on aspr. He’s young enough to stay awake , looks at the site on his phone, and doesn’t drink.

Shoot, I dont stay up late and I gotta work tomorrow lol

Well there went my $5. Thanks buddy

Back