• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Duke made me do it.....

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
I promise, it's all Dukes fault. :doh:

Since Duke is selling off his DX gear, I became somewhat curious about shutter count. Since he mentioned his D90 count, I thought "hmmmm.....i wonder what mine is"

Well, I used a free program called irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/) for the majority of my bulk resizing/rename activities and contained within that program in their EXIF information is Image Count. I really didn't know what to expect to be honest....

My D40x which served me well as a introductory body and my first real venture back into photography. An entry level crop body I wrung the heck out of with most all of it's features and functionality, I sold it to my brother-in-law as a kit and he still uses it to this day. Shutter count? 9,983

Selling the D40x I moved to the D90 platform. A lot more functionality in what is again, an entry-ish but full-featured and capable crop body. This is where I really became hooked on shooting again and was the beginning of acquisition of way more glass than the Mrs. knows about. :trust: This body shoots really well for it's price point and usually holds the big lens due to the crop factor. I'm still using this body now as a second body. Shutter count? 15,885 and growing.

I made the jump to the D700 full-frame, well.... just because I wanted to. From the first image to this day, I'm still in love with that body. It does everything I've asked it to do. Well, the fps is kind of slow for sports and a few other things, but the D700 has made billions of dollars for those who use it professionally in their employment. Me? This is all for charity, volunteer and grins. Shutter count? 24,350. :eek2: (now THAT i was a bit surprised at)

I haven't been able to pin down my little P&S numbers yet, but I'm sure that's a bunch too.

So some 50k acutations later, I'm still really enjoying the camera thing. :photo:

LOL....

It does put into perspective though just how many 100,000 clicks (avg Nikon Shutter life) will end up being.

I have had my D90 for 4 years'ish(??) and did less than 30k and still think I used it a lot.

Back