• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Found - [WTB]: a cheap R1200GS !

Hi Scott.
Could you pls post here some photos of you bike?
- How you mount the OEM handguard to the brake or clutch lever (yellow circle in below photo)? I bought an OEM set and the guards seem not fit with the levers. The bolts come with the guards are pretty short also.
- How you mount the windscreen to the aluminum bar (magenta circles in below photo). I think my bike lost the part where those two bolts mounted to!

DSC02485_zps2700140e.jpg

Windscreen mounts with two small plastic pieces that bolt to the windscreen and slip into the holes in the metal mount. Also a couple of rubber washers to protect the lexan windscreen. They are easy to lose. Handguard mounts to the bar, clamp is just right of the windscreen on the photo above. It's silver clamp on silver bar.

My hand guards are held on with big zip ties... The mount cracked and apparently BMW changed the design and I cannot find any one that sells the original styles. The zip ties have been working so it has not been a priority to fix :-P

Bike cleaned.
Done the windshield mount.
Done the handguard mounting kit.
Tomorrow to receive plastic from painter.

On the way of setting up, with TWT stickers :) :

DSC09130_zps9d857f9c.jpg

Just recalled this thread.
See the comparison to the current one - any different?

DSC02188_zpscc11fec8.jpg

TWT stickers are traveling around Vietnam and SE Asia. :rider:

Time for a new one.
I'm sure you are wearing out your current one!

From mobile

Looks like you are ready for another great trip. I really enjoyed your ride report that you posted, pics were great.

Looking forward to the next one. :rider:

Time for a new one.
I'm sure you are wearing out your current one!

From mobile
Come on Camilo... I haven't owned it for a year yet. Many more miles are waiting...

Looks like you are ready for another great trip. I really enjoyed your ride report that you posted, pics were great.

Looking forward to the next one. :rider:
Yeah, it is a good one I have here. It allows me to have more choices of roads and terrain, and I don't worry if I have to go to the unknown roads.

Back