• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

Well now - Back to back rides Sat & Sunday?

JT — You think the roads will not be swamped with mud from today’s soaker?

FYI. I believe there is more dirt on the Sunday ride. After the rains it should be ...nice!

I downloaded your track. It shows straight line point to point rather than actually following the route. Am I doing something wrong or is that the way it is suppose to look?

@flipper- Are you going to be at either ride this weekend? Did you ever get your throttle lock figured out? Yesterday I came across a Vista Cruise that I had forgotten about, new in opened package. If you are coming out, and need it, I can bring it.

OK so tomorrow's ride is off ?? Do I understand right? instead, Richard will have a ride on Sunday which is the gpx file you are talking about am I right?

Well now - Back to back rides Sat & Sunday?

JT — You think the roads will not be swamped with mud from today’s soaker?

Saturday there may still be too much mud. I think it'll be great Sunday, just a few muddy spots, just enough to splash your riding partner when sh.., he's not looking.

Just to be clear, Trailboss is riding Sunday too. He is leading the group out of Austin.

OK so tomorrow's ride is off ?? Do I understand right? instead, Richard will have a ride on Sunday which is the gpx file you are talking about am I right?

Trailboss, Richard, will lead a group starting at the Texaco, intersection of Hwy 12 and Hamilton Pool Rd/3238 North of Dripping Springs and turning around at Castell.

SpiritAtBay and I will ride Sunday from Kerrville up to Fredricksberg and turning around at Castell. Two separate rides on Sunday.

Trailboss, Richard, will lead a group starting at the Texaco, intersection of Hwy 12 and Hamilton Pool Rd/3238 North of Dripping Springs and turning around at Castell.

SpiritAtBay and I will ride Sunday from Kerrville up to Fredricksberg and turning around at Castell. Two separate rides on Sunday.

Plus tomorrow 5-5-18, Saturday Austin TATA Monthly Ride (This thread) is on schedule. It is mostly pavement, hill country, big bike friendly 220+ miles of fun. At least I am planning to ride up to start point and find out ???

I'm out. Had lasik yesterday. So far 90% better vision. I'm typing this without glasses. I'll see you all next month.

The first Saturday ride is never cancelled. It is always on.

What if the weather is bad? The ride still occurs. There is a chance you may be the only rider to show up, but the ride is never cancelled. This way, no matter what the weather forecast, those riders who want to ride always have a scheduled ride.

What if there is an event (such as a rally) scheduled for that same weekend? The first Saturday ride is still on. This way, no matter what other rides/rallies might be occurring, those riders who aren't attending the other ride/rally have a scheduled Saturday ride they can attend.

Any other rides (like the one I'm leading on Sunday and the one JT is leading on Sunday) are in addition to the Saturday ride, not a replacement for the Saturday ride.

Last edited:
Did not have the heart at 0530 this AM to make the 2 hr ride in the rain to the start point. :wary: So will venture out solo - later.

Started a little foggy, but it turned into a beautiful day to ride. I'll see everybody tomorrow for either me and Julie's ride or Richard's.

Pics from 5.05.18. Four of us showed at the start point, Gourdhead and Reno did the paved Fburg route, Kevin and I did the March Willow city route, with a couple more water crossings.

First pic is of a crashed ultralite we came upon.

Attachments

• 5.05.18 1.jpg
    5.05.18 1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 5.05.18 2.jpg
    5.05.18 2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 5.05.18 4.jpg
    5.05.18 4.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 5.05.18 6.jpg
    5.05.18 6.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 5.05.18 7.jpg
    5.05.18 7.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 170
The water was pretty high after last week's rain, but of course we dried off within a few minutes. The weather was perfect, and the road conditions were just wet enough to keep the dust down.

Attachments

• 5.05.18 3.jpg
    5.05.18 3.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 5.05.18 10.jpg
    5.05.18 10.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 173
  • 5.05.18 8.jpg
    5.05.18 8.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 5.05.18 5.jpg
    5.05.18 5.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 5.05.18 9.jpg
    5.05.18 9.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 178
The first Saturday ride is never cancelled. It is always on.

What if the weather is bad? The ride still occurs. There is a chance you may be the only rider to show up, but the ride is never cancelled. This way, no matter what the weather forecast, those riders who want to ride always have a scheduled ride.

What if there is an event (such as a rally) scheduled for that same weekend? The first Saturday ride is still on. This way, no matter what other rides/rallies might be occurring, those riders who aren't attending the other ride/rally have a scheduled Saturday ride they can attend.

Any other rides (like the one I'm leading on Sunday and the one JT is leading on Sunday) are in addition to the Saturday ride, not a replacement for the Saturday ride.

Hi Rich,

Sorry something came up today and I can’t make the ride, catch you next time.

Reno- Steve Sprissler Yellow BMW R1150gs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Rich,

Sorry something came up today and I can’t make the ride, catch you next time.

Reno- Steve Sprissler Yellow BMW R1150gs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are at 1323. 9:50. Group having problems?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Sorry you missed it Ken. Great ride today.

Yes, Ken, I'm sorry you couldn't attend. The weather was perfect and the dirt roads were primo. There was even water in Sandy Creek. :sun:

What do you call it when your gps doesn't work, you bushwack across someone's ranch, lose your wallet, and barely make it home on the gas in your rotopax? A fine day of dual sport motorcyclng :) Great time today guys.

We wondered all day long where your group disappeared to...

What do you call it when your gps doesn't work, you bushwack across someone's ranch, lose your wallet, and barely make it home on the gas in your rotopax? A fine day of dual sport motorcyclng :) Great time today guys.

True Adventure Ride!

So that's why Ropeburn was so happy to arrive at Castell! :lol2:

Was a fine day for a little dual sporting. Dirty Sally has been rubbing it in 3Oh's nose all evening. I'm sure I heard her telling 3Oh, "I got to go and you were stuck here under your blankie all day. Nya nya nya na! And, "You should have seen me on Kaiserville Rd, I kicked butt!"

I didn't recognize you as I was pulling in, I'd never seen you on Sally before :)

Back