• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Givi help needed

Dragwn

Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Lane
Ok, since it is about time to order the Givi trunk to go with the mount that has been gathering dust, I need to make certain I get the right trunk. The biggest question is wether the mount plate I have is for a Monolock, or a MonoKey which use different bases.

Could someone with each of the styles post a pic of the plate for the Monokey and the Monlock models? The bases should be different since you have to get an adapter to use on on the other.

Thanks in advance. :rider:

Keith,

I've got the E52 Maxia Monokey top case. Here's the mounting plate for it on the Universal Rack; I believe the plate is the M3 (which I can't find on the Givi site).

(click on image for huge-ish pic, if that helps)

Last edited:
Thanks Paul...I'll pull my rack out tonight and see if it matches up. Bonus time this year will be more shopping than bill paying.

I live in plano and have the monokey. You are more than welcome to come by.

Dragwn said:
Ok, since it is about time to order the Givi trunk to go with the mount that has been gathering dust, I need to make certain I get the right trunk. The biggest question is wether the mount plate I have is for a Monolock, or a MonoKey

My suggestion is to contact the GIVI distributor. The make, year and model of your bike is crucial in this equation. Momokey cases do not nornally fit Monolock bases so it is necessary to know which case and which base. Good luck!

Back