• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

brief Hill Country blast June 28th

Reaction score
I managed to skip out of a family reunion in Salado early on Saturday and get in a few hundred miles of the hill country. I rode 29 west from I-35 to Burnet - boring. From there I turned south and hit various roads around Marble Falls, Lago Vista, Johnson City, Dripping Springs, Blanco, Canyon Lake, and Wimberley before heading back over I-35 to head home. I didn't keep track of particular road numbers or take oodles of pictures, just generally got lost and enjoyed myself solo for several hours. There were a few notably good sections, and lots of good scenery. I'm looking forward to getting back out further west in two weeks, though. See the "upcoming rides" forum for our "Leakey Loop" ride July 12th.

You turned off of Hwy 29 a little too soon - just west of Burnet, that road opens out into a nice set of sweeping curves. Then, right before crossing Inks Lake, you can turn left onto Park Road 4 which is a very twisty, scenic ride for a few miles.

Another bonus if it's been raining in the area: Spring Creek empties into Inks Lake where it runs under PR 4, and creates a very photogenic waterfall just above the road when conditions are favorable.

Back