• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lubbock Trail Riders Poker Run October 14th/15th

Johnf3

Reaction score
Lubbock Trail Riders would like to welcome GUESTS out to our amazing property on October 14th/15th. I personally invite my few :lol2: friends that I know from here on TWT to come out for some fun, and I also invite all other TWT members that want to come out for some fun. We would love to have you as our guest for the weekend.

There is no formal event for Saturday the 14th, but I will lead a ride for anyone that wants to go out Saturday. We can accommodate different skill levels as well in case we need to break up into different groups. I can find a guide for each group. On Sunday, the poker run will be fun!

Our single track is among the best in Texas, and we have plenty of it. We also have plenty of ranch roads and even a cool four-wheeler/UTV loop too. We have over 10,000 acres so plenty to see.

Here is some more information. Holler here if you have questions and I will answer them or find someone who can if I can't! LTR does not have many guest events like this outside of our TSCEC races, so I hope to see y'all out there.

picture.php

Hmmm now i have to decide whether to ride the ZRX in the ozarks that weekend or a chance to ride an epic ride area on the KTM

Hmmm now i have to decide whether to ride the ZRX in the ozarks that weekend or a chance to ride an epic ride area on the KTM

Diametrically opposing I think the term is, to describe the choice there. :-P Hard to beat a Fall ride in the Ozarks though.

I am looking forward to getting out to our property myself. Really have not been since our Enduro this Spring.

I posted this because I figured it would be a good opportunity for some folks who don't race to get a chance to see our property. I know it is a long haul for most of y'all, but there aren't any riding areas down south that have 100 miles (if we can remember where it all is, ha) of single track like we do either.

Maybe the weather will cool a bit and we will get lucky with some moisture, of which we have zero currently.

Folks, this is an opportunity to ride a place - a really big place - that only members and racers ever get to ride. I've had the privilege and had a blast every time. It truly is some of the best riding in Texas.

You'll find the LTR guys have got their act together and put on a first-rate event. I don't know of a more cordial group. They'll have folks to show us the kind of riding we're looking for.

Yes, it's a place known for technical riding but that's just the canyons and gnarly parts. There are way more spectacular scenic areas that are easily accessible on bigger adventure bikes. Some of the routes used for transfer sections during their race made me want to stop and enjoy the view. I've wanted to go back and do just that ever since.

See y'all there. :rider:

Thanks for posting this. :rider:
I'll come up there and ride Sat and Sun.

Never been out there, so I'll ask...
Can I trailer w/ a car to get to the campsite,
or will I get stuck?

Thanks for posting this. :rider:
I'll come up there and ride Sat and Sun.

Never been out there, so I'll ask...
Can I trailer w/ a car to get to the campsite,
or will I get stuck?

A car w/ a trailer is no problem....unless it has rained and then it would be interesting. I only say that because we have had five days straight of rain. Some years we do not get five days of rain in an entire year.

For sure in a car w/ a trailer you will want to come in from 651 instead of 207. 651 is a shorter distance on dirt and the road is generally in much better condition.

The roads do dry quick. Usually in 24 hours everything is good to go again. If the roads do happen to be wet, we will get you to camp one way or another. 99% chance that you will have no issue but we will help you in the event of the other 1%. That's how we roll.

The rain that we have had will have the trails in absolute premium condition. Don't forget we are feeding everyone Saturday night too. See you there! Holler if you have any other questions.

High of 68 degrees Sunday and low 80s on Saturday. Was hoping to see some new TWTers out here this weekend but not much of a response as what I was thinking. For anyone that is coming, we will see you there. Should be fun. I ran down to the property this past weekend and the trails are in good shape. Everything is really green from all the rain.

Back