• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

"Blue Jeans" comes back home

Adan

Reaction score
:-D Have not ridden solo in a long time, I must say I kind of liked the solitude at first, but not having someone to swap lies with at gas/food breaks is not a lot of fun for me. I rode "Blue Jeans" back from Austin today, ended up buying it back from my brother; he is looking at the new R1200GS/ST.

Came up 71 to Llano to get reacquainted with the handling of the big pig, the fog was pretty thick at 8:00AM in some areas, thank god for the big PIAAs. The wildflowers along 71 were VERY nice, too bad I did not bring a camera along. Followed 16 to Goldthwaite, the on to 2005 to Hico for some Pie ;-), tried the famous coconut pie but was not terribly impressed. The Apple pie I brought back "for my wife" was much better ;-) I was hoping to run into one of the DFW groups and ride back in town with them. Since I didn't see anyone and though it would be best to avoid the NASCAR traffic jams in Cowtown, I just took the old-boring way back home on 67 from Glen Rose.

Enforcement from TXDPS was fierce, saw at least 5 Semis pulled-over Fri. night on 35, and many more out biting today. Luckily, opposing traffic was kind enough to let others know and I did not get any performance awards. :twisted:

Blue Jeans came back sporting new clear turn signal lenses, city lids and Tobinators for the Givi screen. I might not ever put the Aeroflow back on again because these tobinators make for some really smooth airflow.

The bike felt massive and heavy at first, seems I got used to the F650's light nature way too quickly :roll: , but after a couple of hours in the hill country it felt just as good as my favorite pair of Blue Jeans :-D

Here are some pics from this afternoon:

BlueJeansR.JPG

BlueJeansRF.JPG

BlueJeansRR.JPG

These are the "Tobinators" (windshield mount extensions):

BlueJeansTobinator.JPG

:chug: Great looking bike Adan!! Congratulations on reuniting with an old friend. I'm looking forward to checking out the big beast in person!!

I bet that bike feels like a Cadillac compared to my KLR!!
:-P

Adan,

She's beautiful. Let me know when you want to try a few DS roads around here. We need to take the 650GS out on some dirt.

Pete

I don't know what it is about the GS that I like so much. Maybe because it's so fugly.

Hopefully the wife will finish up her school early and I can get mine.

Good looking bike. :chug:

Thanks for the kind words guys, I agree, this is the coolest, fugliest bike in the world :lol:

And just when I thought it could not possibly get any uglier, the Bavarian designers come up with the HP2 :roll:

BMW_HP2_080.jpg

Don't particularly like the round headlight.

Here is a link to the best collection of pictures I've seen (very good action shots):

LINK Click on "Nächstes Bild >"

Cool. Even in the dirty shots, the bike is stunningly clean :lol: Well lit too!

I am sure the headlight will be one of the first things removed. Folks will likely put all kinds of auxillary lights on this thing. I wonder what rating the alternator has? If not for the cost, I would love to have had that bike this weekend in Big Bend. The thumpers just can't run on the pavement when scooting from one dirt area to another. I would never use it for enduro type riding anyway, mostly just two track stuff. The boxer motor is just really fun! It is also nice to have that jug sticking out there... unless you are a wayward deer... Also keeps the bike from landing and sliding on your legs, just ask Texian :-P That bike will definitely need engine guards, hand guards, etc,... No doubt they will be in an official BMW accessory catalog ;-)

Adios,

Back