• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HJC Helmet "Made in ..."

Personally I would rather not support the economy of any of those countrys. I was at the dealer yesterday and tried on a CL17, I believe. My glasses didn't fit very well. I will probably stick to Shoei. I have no idea where they are made? Are there any American made helmets?

Personally I would rather not support the economy of any of those countrys. I was at the dealer yesterday and tried on a CL17, I believe. My glasses didn't fit very well. I will probably stick to Shoei. I have no idea where they are made? Are there any American made helmets?

I doubt it. There isn't much made in America anymore including pride, dignity and self-respect.

All of mine were made in Japan. :mrgreen:

I try to buy American when possible, and work harder to avoid Chinese made goods. North Korean might be a deal killer for me.

Last edited:
I just bought a IS MAX modular and did not even look at the tag until now. China, whew that was close! I hate it that everything is made overseas, and I do consider myself a patriot, however, what are we to do? If you only buy American made you do not have many choices and odds are if it is made in America the company is foreign owned. Heck most of the bikes we ride are made overseas, and most of the parts and gear etc is also.

I hate it that everything is made overseas, and I do consider myself a patriot, however, what are we to do?

Nothin wrong with buying overseas. USA don't produce stuff like this; so that frees up our work force to produce higher value stuff like designing in-helmet HUD (augmented reality helmet).

There is a US trade embargo against North Korean goods. However, the South Koreans produce some goods in cooperation with the North in a special manufacturing zone. That may be the source, and might only be for some of the parts of the helmets.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothin wrong with buying overseas. USA don't produce stuff like this; so that frees up our work force to produce higher value stuff like designing in-helmet HUD (augmented reality helmet).
Well, no. The folk capable of designing HUDs are not the same folk who would be assembling helmets and there are a heck of a lot more of the latter than of the former.

Back