• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TacLAce review

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
For those who wear duty boots, work boots or any lace-up boots, I came across a product that uses a cord lock to tighten the laces and a keeper to secure the laces. For less than $20 shipped, I bought a set and tried them on my Bates.

After you watch the video, you may better understand my review comment.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfMnSYvtP7I"]TacLace Round Robin - YouTube[/ame]

Overall, the product works as well as claimed. It pulls up quick, leaves no lace loops to tuck (and subsequently become untucked), and holds tight all day.
Doffing the boots seems to take a bit more work, loosening the cord lock as much as possible and then loosening the bootlace.
What I didn't like was the unused portion of hook-n-loop that would catch the inside seam of my jeans or trousers. After only a couple of wears, I could see the hook-n-loop was already starting to fray the overlock seam where it would catch.
I can reverse the direction I was wrapping the keeper to relocate where the exposed hook-n-loop was, but a better solution might be to cover up the unused portion with a felt or similar.
Best would be for the manufacturer to put the hook half on what amounts to the "inside" when the keeper is wrapped around the boot shaft.

The product website has more info on the product and developers.
http://www.taclace.com/

The set of TacLace includes a new set of bootlaces that should be long enough to work with the keeper and holds tight with the cordlock. The package I received is marked Made in the USA.

Hmmm. Not bad at all. If I didn't wear side-zip boots I would give it a try.

Back