• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cycleport Kevlar Jacket/Pants

Not to re-hash this topic. Can some of you that had the pockets deleted post some pics. I have the Ultra II Cordora and stretch kevlar pants, but now that I am living in TX, I think these are going to be too hot for most of the season and am looking into the Kevlar air mesh.

I agree, the pockets are a bit much and any time I have actually used them more than putting ear plugs in, they feel bulky and in the way. These jackets are buly enough with the rib and shoulder padding. I really want these to flow as much air as possible. I am considering the waist length jacket, but would love to see any without the pockets.

Any more updates on how well yours have held up would be greatly appreciated as well. The Kevlar pants I have are great. Only issue with them is one of the snaps in the flap that covers the blet buckle came appart. The cordora jacket, while structurally good has lots of pills and frays on the shoulder and the chest pocket I use. This is from the velcro in those areas pulling at the material. I have not found this to happen with the kevlar to date, but would like to hear from others regarding their experiences. I also have had some issues with the cuffs. I solved my issue with glove selection. I use a pair of Held gauntlet gloves. I found it is most comfortable to pull the cuffs over the gloves on the larger snap setting. I have a pair of Alpinestar winter gloves that will work over the cuffs, but any others I have tried just dig the snaps into my wrists.

Eric, I bought my Ultra II jacket and pants in 03 and I have been very satisfied with them. I added the liner for both of them last year for winter riding and they worked great in temps down in the teens on my trip to Copper Canyon. The only problem I had was some fraying around the velcro parts and Wayne had me send them back and he fixed them up like new . He said they had tried a different material back in 03 and it did not hold up as well as it should have. This is probably the best company I have had dealings with from a customer's stand point. Wayne knows his product and puts the customer first.

Steve
03 ST1300
06 Wee Strom
07 DRZ400S

Back