• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda 919 Reviews?

61K miles, no front fender, and no pics of the left side of the bike. Makes me kind of question the maintenance that this bike has had.... or the person just doesn't know how to market/advertise a bike.

counter shaft cover missing also, probably has had a hard life.

good bikes, they often have hard lives as they tend to encourage hooligan riding as they are fun at it.

61K miles, no front fender, and no pics of the left side of the bike. Makes me kind of question the maintenance that this bike has had.... or the person just doesn't know how to market/advertise a bike.

Ha! 61K Miles??? There’s zero chance of me ever buying a bike with that many miles, much less one with a fairly high strung motor. Even half that number would deter me.

I get that there are plenty of bikes capable of racking up multiples of that. When buying one used, though, you have no idea how they got to that number.

The 919 was one of my most favorite bikes I have ever owned. Great bikes, nice torque for an inline 4, very comfortable, and Honda reliable. Suspension was a bit soft.

Don't know about the one you listed though. Check out wristtwisters.com which is predominantly 9ner riders.

It's cheap but the bike looks questionable. I also tend to not want to buy anything from someone that doesn't know the difference between brakes and breaks.... That being said, the last generation of the 919 is a hoot to ride. It has lots of down low grunt and although its a bit heavy the bike is pretty stable to ride. If you adjust the throttle play right even the low end FI snatchiness isn't too bad. The bad thing is that if it has aftermarket exhaust and no power commander (and even with) then it is going to gas the **** out of you with rich exhaust smoke. I got rid of mine about 3 or more years ago and still have the smell of exhaust gas on my jacket and I even washed it once, lol. I do miss it, but after you hit over 85 or 90 the lack of a proper wind screen will beat you to death but if you are just planning on short rides or keeping it down around the sane level I give it a hearty 2 thumbs up.

Looks like the mufflers are are missing on that thing? No wonder the ad says it's quick and loud. That's a no-buy right there, in my book.

My last bike before moving to Alaska was a green 2004 919 and I really missed that bike. I recently came across a good-condition 2003 with 20k miles on it and couldn't pass it up. It's replacing my 2013 Yamaha FZ8 which has similar power and better suspension/handling but the 919 has a bit more grunt and loads more character in my opinion.

If someone from Dallas gets it and wants some stock mufflers for it in a hurry give me a shout and I will give them mine (as in free). I still have mine from what I had my 919 and they'll bolt right on in a jiffy. They are heavy but the quieten it down and the bike what be popping and running like ****...

Back