• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need help from the collective, resistance is futile FLICKER QUESTION

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
So I was under the impression that if I got a Flickr account I could use the little box thingy with the mountains and the sun to post big beautiful photos to this site. I use Flicker and I choose the copy to clipboard of the picture that I want. When I click on the Sun and Mountain button and paste the clipboard item in there all I get is this

which does not show the pic on the post box. Anybody have an idea what I am doing wrong or if this is even obtainable? I see big pics all the time but cant figure how to do it. For instance here is what comes of it:

Last edited by a moderator:
I used FLIKR for my last ride report, but it was my first time to use it and that was more than a year ago. I do remember that I had to open a word processing application in order to make it work. Someone on this site gave me directions.

Fiddling with the first suggestion but not following.

May have to go back to tap talk but didnt like it in the first place . Like the native forum. Maybe just use to show pics.

This forum is complicated with the pic restrictions. I know I'm not the only one.

So, in tap talk and trying a photo. I know like taking of the training wheels of the first born

Here is the pic test...surprised, more motorcycle pics
2fd915374a12b12b823109a7af3f8c96.jpg

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

More pics. Will figure out here in a bit
f383ba9b3899652a32babac90d3012c5.jpg

Still playingIMG_20180520_115225152.jpgIMG_20180506_203156491.jpgFLxb84z4LVSA2hv8JRvTEJOF9NZVLr3Y7oRnqrZ4drY.jpgIMG_20180519_134451419.jpg

Well, this was easier, didn't have to suffer through the picture resizing efforts to make them work. Still a little small but much easier with tapatalk so will go there for getting pics on this crazy thing. This is like navigating the IRS

Last edited:
This forum is complicated with the pic restrictions. I know I'm not the only one.

How so?

I don't allow big attachment files because I don't have unlimited hard drive space on my server. It would also create a bandwidth usage issue for the site if people were putting their big images on my server and linking to them on other sites. Since I don't charge people to upload attachments, I can't really afford to allow for the uploading of big images like a regular image hosting service would allow. Other than that, this forum works just like all the other forums because I am using the same software as many of the other forums (vBulletin). Some sites will allow for larger attachments if they can afford the extra disk space. Some don't allow for attachments at all.

For all the various forums and sites I frequent, it is generally expected that users will have the images hosted on some image site, like Google, Flickr, SmugMug, etc,... and then link to the images using the IMG tags. This is what Tapatalk does. It basically loads your image on their server and then automagically creates the link here on the forum for you. If the images are sitting on your hard drive, the only thing you can do is either upload them as attachments or put them somewhere else and link to them.

All that said, if there is a site that you think handles user images really well, please give me a link and I will be happy to go check it out and see what they are doing. I am not opposed to making changes where I can, if I can, to make things easier for folks here.

Hey Scott, that's the difference, v bulliten with larger file size ability. I don't know what you pay, but I have seen on chinariders.net how I could post any size pics and was very easy without worrying about the hit and miss attempts of resizing then previewing to see if it would work (very frustrating). I have read others mention the same issue about posting pics so generally people avoid posting pics on this site. I am not trying to sound malicious saying this ,but it has just been my experience. Figured it out with the tapatalk fix. I know nothing in life is free, thats why i pay my way. Im a hooked forum supporter. Thanks for keeping the asylum going ;-)

Example with big pics from 2016 with direct upload http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17850

Last edited:
To post a pic from Flickr from PC. I have not been able to do it from my iphone…

Go to photostream or camera roll and select the photo.
42591889332_8289dc282d_z.jpg
Flickr 1 by Red Dawg, on Flickr

Go to lower right corner and select the arrow.
27773558077_18dbab7c19.jpg
Flickr 2 by Red Dawg, on Flickr

Select BB Code, Select the drop down and pick one of the medium size choices.
42591888982_a0d79df8d8_z.jpg
Flickr 3 by Red Dawg, on Flickr

Copy the link and paste it to TWT post you want the photo in.

42548186721_0656f399f9_c.jpg
A841AD5B-5587-4684-87F3-3CACD3616CFC by Red Dawg, on Flickr

Last edited:
:tab Okay, I see what they are doing on the Chinarider site, but I just cannot afford to do that because it would quickly overwhelm the server space. When I started TWT, people were not trying to upload direct from their phones like so many do now. Most folks had the images uploaded to another site and then linked to them.

:tab Hosting companies are terribly vague about what they mean by "unlimited space" and/or "unlimited bandwidth". They won't give you an upper limit, but then they say that if you are using too much, you will get dinged for it. I can't figure out how we're supposed to know if we are getting close to the limit for planning purposes :doh: I am in the process of trying to shop for a new hosting service and it is driving me nuts!

I can imagine. I see many features and differences. I'M sure they probably nickel and dime you to death. The thumbs up is fun since you get feedback on your comment.

Back