• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda brings worlds greatest ADV bike to America

Super Cub isn't here yet, isn't the Monkey Bike based on the Grom the one we get this or next year?

The Super Cub looks like a great platform for Adventure Rides...LOL

10364d1375810449t-charity-ride-mongolia-back-honda-2013-08-04-10.23.24.jpg

But...I must say, I am really interested in the Red ABS Monkey.

2019-honda-monkey-pearl-neb.jpg

It looks like a "baby" Honda CB1100.

The Monkey is cool, but there are a lot of really good, late model “real” motorcycles on the used market for that price. I just can’t wrap my head around paying $4000 for something that I can only ride on residential streets.

My dad bought my brother and I each a z50 (72?) His was blue mine was sunburst.:sun:$300 for one, $275 for the second. They looked just like this monkey, which I don't know why that name,. And I know they're really two different animals but oh that monkey price tag. Yikes

You will be able to pick them up barely used very quickly for much less. Novelty items like that wear off quickly and folks are ready to be done with them.

Doug is right, that monkey is a Gromlet. The original Trail 50s and Trail 70s had fold down handle bars. I used to have a Trail 90 on the farm Crowley. It'd be a fun pit bike and the used market will be active in less than a year. So a Grom powered Super Cub with ABS and EFI.

Both of them are way way overpriced. I am not saying that they would not be cool to own,the latter being the better decision. But hey what can you get used for the same price used?

Well the Monkey Bike, which we discussed on here is a GROM with different bodywork, so the price is probably $3500 to $4k. I do want one though I have absolutely no legitimate or sane reason to own one.

Well the Monkey Bike, which we discussed on here is a GROM with different bodywork, so the price is probably $3500 to $4k. I do want one though I have absolutely no legitimate or sane reason to own one.

And neither should you have one, nor do you need one. Just get it. So long as you let me ride it.

The Super Cub will be a fuel injected 125cc with ABS and keyless start. 'Target MSRP' of $3500.

The Super Cub will share the same engine as the Grom, but will have a 4 speed auto clutch gear box.

It's already been confirmed by Honda as coming to the US, to be released in January 2019.

Ed March rode an '89 86cc Honda Super Cub from Malaysia to the UK and from Alaska to Argentina.

I remember as a kid my dad helped a guy out on a cub. He was from Puerto Rico and had gotten the bike to South America and ridden to Texas. I can’t remember for sure but I think he needed points for the ignition system and maybe a chain and sprockets. I have wondered on several occasions just how far he went before the ride was done.

Back