• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Samuel Calhoun Cemetery - Walker County

Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Lavigne
I figured I'd post up a few pictures of a really neat cemetery a little north of Huntsville. It's located about 10-15 minutes north on FM 247 than about another 5-10 minutes on a dirt road. The cemetery has a really cool ornate wrought iron fence around it and most of the graves date from around the late 1800's

Enjoy,

Nate

3370253243_cbc01ceffd.jpg

3371076272_5238280525.jpg

3370253725_18e4f3e551.jpg

When we were working on kid names for each kid, I would ride out and check out the head stones in a lot of the little country cemeteries scattered about in the woods around Huntsville. Some of these little cemeteries are in really cool places. For some reason, I find it a very peaceful and relaxing experience to visit them... :ponder:

Nate,

Thanks for posting the neat pics.

I am glad to see someone is keeping the cemetery mowed and clean. I know a couple of small cemeteries like this in near my family home in west central Louisiana where family has all moved away, the cemetery became neglected and now overgrown with brush and trees.

Nate,

Thanks for posting the neat pics.

I am glad to see someone is keeping the cemetery mowed and clean. I know a couple of small cemeteries like this in near my family home in west central Louisiana where family has all moved away, the cemetery became neglected and now overgrown with brush and trees.

There are a few around here like that, one in particular upsidedrown and I visited in the SHNF. All that was left were a few post and some barbed wire, the headstones were either sunken or vandalized, it's truly sad :whatever:

Back