• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cloudcroft, NM

phm14

Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Last Name
McCann
Hey Guys,
Looking for tips and/or riding buddies for the week 9/15-22. I'll be bringing my 690 ER and 300 XCW, both plated. This will be my 1st trip to the area, so any tips/advice are much appreciated. Thinking of staying at Spruce Cabins. I always prefer to have a buddy along, so if your willing to share some riding, please message.

Trails are easy to find. The leaves should be changing and look great. It isn't too hard to find other riders when you get there.
I might be there that weekend but camping with the family. Bike would go but riding would be limited.

Stop by the ranger station just south of town and pickup a MVUM (map). They're free. The High Altitude shop in town also has a couple of good maps for sale. Having a GPS is really nice since one trail leads to a dozen others out there. Not that anyone would ever get carried away just diggin the ride and sort of wander off into the wilderness.

Best deal going is to Get with Vinny and try to stay on his fender. He can show you some really cool stuff.

Trails are easy to find. The leaves should be changing and look great. It isn't too hard to find other riders when you get there.
I might be there that weekend but camping with the family. Bike would go but riding would be limited.
Would love to get in a ride while you're there. Will PM my contact info.

Stop by the ranger station just south of town and pickup a MVUM (map). They're free. The High Altitude shop in town also has a couple of good maps for sale. Having a GPS is really nice since one trail leads to a dozen others out there. Not that anyone would ever get carried away just diggin the ride and sort of wander off into the wilderness.

Best deal going is to Get with Vinny and try to stay on his fender. He can show you some really cool stuff.
Thanks for the info.

Let us know how the Spruce cabins are.
Will do. I'll get some pics.

TM, you sound like a regular up there. I got to read the 1st 20 posts of your "failed plans" writeup earlier. Nice! I'm really jonesing to get up there now. 9/15 can't come fast enough. I'll comb over the rest, as well as the other links, before I head up there.
Guys, thanks so much for all the help. I really appreciate how much all this helpful info will improve the trip. :)

Last edited:
Back