• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Headed to Terlingua this weekend

texaspatrick

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Got a surprise four day weekend at the end of this week. Sat-Tuesday.

Going to bring the baby XT225 and a blind dog along for the ride.

Loose plan, as of right now, is to sleep in the truck and wake up in Balmorhea, then head southwest on Saturday morning into the Marfa area, then head down to Terlingua for some tequila Saturday night :)

Maybe into Big Bend/Mexico at some point, maybe to the state park at some point. I'm not looking to get too crazy on the back roads, but I have to check out Pinto Canyon Road and see some of Terlingua Ranch. I've got someone to watch the dog during the day, but he'll be with me at night.

Anyone in the area like to meet up for a burger/slow ride on some dirt? I'd love to have a guide to show me some spots on the ranch. We've been looking at property for some time now, but I can tell you more about that later...

If we haven't ridden together, I'm pretty self reliant and will have a full tool kit and flat changing experience.

Feel free to shoot me a text at (512)939-2247 or send me a PM.

They have lots of rain lately, may want to check that out before hauling all the way out there.

Ah, nice tip Desert Skies! I'm flying by the seat of my pants, no motorcycling necessarily required on this trip. Got a couple swim spots I wanted to check out too :) There was rain in the forecast the last time I checked too!

We do have rain in the forecast but it can be spotty. Old Maverick was closed the other day and possibly the East/West River Road. We have parking available and bathroom facilities if you need them.
Robert

Hey Robert!
I've done most of the back roads in Big Bend, I'm not looking to get lost out there again. Maybe take in a sunset/sunrise somewhere in the park somewhere via the truck though. Where are you at out in west texas?

We live 5 miles north of the "Y" in Study Butte. Gate 5 Road. Just south of Cycle Tek if you know where that is.

Robert

I heard all National Parks have free admission this weekend. Celebrating the National Parks 100th birthday.

Last edited:
Back