• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dunlop D616 good or bad?

Abner Ravenwood

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Stephens
Im wanting to put a set of D616 on my GSXR, its got Michelins on there now and they wear down too quick.

I like the tread pattern of the D616 but dont know how great of a tire its gonna be on a sportbike.

Im wanting to get high miles out of tires, and want nothing but Dunlop.

What would y'all recommend??

:rider:

Chris

I rode lots of dunlops 208's and Qualifier but Michelin pilot power 2ct's are the best sport bike tires you can get. Motosport.com has special on package deals for @$200 front and rear. Their all gonna wear out at @3500 miles unless you go with a sport touring tire dunlop roadsmart or michelin pilot road 2 or 3.

Dunlops suck for sport bikes well they start out great then they begin to what I call slip and grab. They make excellent dirt bike tires. Michelin really makes a great tire and its confident inspiring.

I rode lots of dunlops 208's and Qualifier but Michelin pilot power 2ct's are the best sport bike tires you can get. Motosport.com has special on package deals for @$200 front and rear. Their all gonna wear out at @3500 miles unless you go with a sport touring tire dunlop roadsmart or michelin pilot road 2 or 3.

Ok thank you! See I am used to dirt prices and things for dirt. I am new to the sportbike/ sport touring world. I checked out that site and I gotta say I really like the prices! I REALLY like the Michelin Pilot Road 2. Good Choice??

Chris

Im sorry i meant the Power Pure.

I just got back from a long tour. I run Michelin PR2's. I am amzed that I have 7.5K miles on the tires, on my big pig K12 and still have tire left. Just my opinion but if you aren't going to track the bike and you want higher mileage, as mentioned, a sport touring tire seems a better option for you.

Im sorry i meant the Power Pure.

Those things would prob stick to a wall.

I rode a gixxer 1 summer for a daily rider by the end of the summer I thought i was gonna lose my license. Great bikes welcome to the institution "race bike with lights".

It's a great tire best rain tire you will ever run since they are essentially a revamped version of Dunlop AMA rain tire. Life is no better than your average sport tire

So basically I am better off getting a true sport tire. Because I don't see myself riding in the rain. Also, now that I am looking at the Michelins I am more than likely gonna get one of those brands.

@ B. Wade - Motosport.com is an awesome site! Thanks!

Chris

Since they are reasonably priced thru motosport its almost like buy the rear get the front for free. Free shipping of coarse. My brother ran a 2ct up front and a pilot road 2 on the back of a CBR1K and I think he got 5000 miles out of the back. The 600 should be a little lighter on its back tire but you got to be light on your throttle also. Hit me up when your ready to ride.

Step one... buy Pilot Road 2's as long as you aren't doing any track days. Step two, ride 10-14k miles before the rear wears out and have a big smile on your face. Rinse and repeat.

Thanks for all the help guys, and yes ill hit ya up.

@ DFW Warrior - I like the way you think! lol

Chris

Back